Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY FIRST ROLEX! Yippee but got a qn...wondered if someone can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY FIRST ROLEX! Yippee but got a qn...wondered if someone can help?

Hi there,

Had bought my first rolex - Submariner Date (black dial - M16610) yesterday at Hour Glass. YESH! haha........also my first most expensive watch...really burn a hole in my pocket but then its worth it....

Been eyeing this model for quite some time and my desire for it was fueled up further after reading a nbr of comments in this forum...gosh it's really a beauty...i felt in a way complete now....haha...can truly understand what some of the guys had meant when they wrote abt their watches in the forum....really feel shiok...hahaha...Was smiling throughout the whole day.....haha

However, am curious abt the difference b/w Sub date and Sub.....while checking the watches at Hour Glass (Tang), i had made an inquiry for both Sub Date and Sub...

Sub date was selling at SGD8228 (with no discount) while Sub was selling at abt SGD6600 if i recalled correctly (this price was based of a discount 15%).

Had asked the sales rep to share on why the big difference of SGD2K b/w these 2 watches...all he could say was that the price difference is due to the presence of the date function.. he was not able to go on further to justify the difference...he also added that Sub date has a better holding and investment value worth...that is all i could get from him....Nvrtheless, i decide to get the sub date since i had already set my eyes on this model in the beginning..

But it would be nice to know if there is any reason for it...can someone share with this Rolex newbie? haha thanks in advance....

Cheers!

Congrats man!

Well the difference is just supply and demand. More demand for Sub date...

So you bought it at $8228?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

ok. what are the difference? the movement used for both watches are different as sub date got date and sub ND also no date. hence the list price is different.

sub date (16610) sub ND (14060M) basically have different demand. the sub date is more sought after compared to sub ND as pointed out by Darkangel. hence the difference in discount.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

haha thanks thanks...

yup....no discount leh... was told that this model is not possible to get any discount, and even if there is any, will also be quite small and supposedly applicable only for those long time regulars

Comment

Originally posted by ip123 View Post
          haha thanks thanks...

yup....no discount leh... was told that this model is not possible to get any discount, and even if there is any, will also be quite small and supposedly applicable only for those long time regulars
          Hahhaa that's what they say ...

Anyway congrats on your new watch think no further...you made the right choice in buying the Submariner

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

If you buy overseas set, it costs around $7k or less....

haha thanks thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              ok. what are the difference? the movement used for both watches are different as sub date got date and sub ND also no date. hence the list price is different.

sub date (16610) sub ND (14060M) basically have different demand. the sub date is more sought after compared to sub ND as pointed out by Darkangel. hence the difference in discount.
              haha so apart the date feature, the difference is basically a matter of demand then....that i can relate to it easily cos sub date is really better looking b/w the both....and hence naturally a higher demand followed by a higher price...haha...
              was told that this yr is a gd year to buy this watch too cos no price increase as compared to last yr where they sold for 7k plus then....

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                If you buy overseas set, it costs around $7k or less....
                GASP! Oh no...u shd not tell me....now my heart starts to bleed liao....haha but then apart from the fact that it can be cheaper, any further difference b/w buying the watch locally or overseas....?

Comment

GASP! Oh no...u shd not tell me....now my heart starts to bleed liao....haha but then apart from the fact that it can be cheaper, any further difference b/w buying the watch locally or overseas....?
                  Congrats bro... (or is it sister)... anyway, dun think about anything else and enjoy the watch... KONG XI KONG XI

Comment

Due to the cyclop?

haha so apart the date feature, the difference is basically a matter of demand then....that i can relate to it easily cos sub date is really better looking b/w the both....and hence naturally a higher demand followed by a higher price...haha...
                    was told that this yr is a gd year to buy this watch too cos no price increase as compared to last yr where they sold for 7k plus then....

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      Hahhaa that's what they say ...

Anyway congrats on your new watch think no further...you made the right choice in buying the Submariner
                      haha gam sia...really feel gd to know that i have indeed made a right choice! *Chest sticking out, looking proud* haha

Comment

Bro, forgot to tell you... wristshot is mandatory..

Comment

Hi there,

Had bought my first rolex - Submariner Date (black dial - M16610) yesterday at Hour Glass. YESH! haha........also my first most expensive watch...really burn a hole in my pocket but then its worth it....

Been eyeing this model for quite some time and my desire for it was fueled up further after reading a nbr of comments in this forum...gosh it's really a beauty...i felt in a way complete now....haha...can truly understand what some of the guys had meant when they wrote abt their watches in the forum....really feel shiok...hahaha...Was smiling throughout the whole day.....haha

However, am curious abt the difference b/w Sub date and Sub.....while checking the watches at Hour Glass (Tang), i had made an inquiry for both Sub Date and Sub...

Sub date was selling at SGD8228 (with no discount) while Sub was selling at abt SGD6600 if i recalled correctly (this price was based of a discount 15%).

Had asked the sales rep to share on why the big difference of SGD2K b/w these 2 watches...all he could say was that the price difference is due to the presence of the date function.. he was not able to go on further to justify the difference...he also added that Sub date has a better holding and investment value worth...that is all i could get from him....Nvrtheless, i decide to get the sub date since i had already set my eyes on this model in the beginning..

But it would be nice to know if there is any reason for it...can someone share with this Rolex newbie? haha thanks in advance....

Cheers!

Congrats !!!! i know that feeling of owning the first Rolex....awesome

cheers to more to come...
                          Rolex SD "m" series
                          Omega Speedmaster
                          PAM 164K

Comment

Congrats, I know how you feel now and I am very happy to share you joy.

Comment

Congrats!A good choice,the demand for Rolex sub is always there! A watch for all man.....hmmm nowadays ladies also wearing leh!But its a good start!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X