ok, i have gone and done it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, i have gone and done it...

wired money over to a stranger and bought me a daytona ss sight unseen. everything turned out well though, watch arrived in 3 days with box and paper.

i brought the watch to the rsc and the technician said it looks authentic from the outside but to verify the movement, it will cost me A$99. i passed.

don't want to disclose how much i paid for the watch but if you refer to my other thread, you should be able to guess.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3367/...754b9728_b.jpg

Comment

congrates man!
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

A beautiful watch
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

bro so you bought the daytona from http://www.rolexforums.com/?

some time ago i also thinking of buying from rolexforum, but the risk of

transfering 1st too much for me.

glad you got watch as agreed.

Comment

yes bought it off rolexforums.com. there is a saying, buy the seller before buying the watch. you have to do your homework to min. the risk.

Comment

nice watch. and good luck with your purchase. to be honest, majority of internet deals go fairly smoothly, it is the bad ones that you hear all the time.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS on yr beautiful purchase.

Well... I would still think its better to pay the A99 to get it checked that it is indeed genuine, then if its not, you can look at a recourse ASAP.... And if you were to sell it later, you won't face complications that you sold a fake pcs.... but of course you are the man to decide on that.

Wear this beauty in good health..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

the guy in white lab coat at rsc said the exterior of the watch looks real but obviously he can't verify the movement without opening the case back (and without me paying them.) i guess i will go with that for now... i may sell the watch so why not let the buyer verify it at his expense.

anyway, is there a way i can confirm the serial number on the warranty card with the one on the watch and somehow verify it with rolex?

Comment

Originally posted by tomasulu View Post
                    the guy in white lab coat at rsc said the exterior of the watch looks real but obviously he can't verify the movement without opening the case back (and without me paying them.) i guess i will go with that for now... i may sell the watch so why not let the buyer verify it at his expense.

anyway, is there a way i can confirm the serial number on the warranty card with the one on the watch and somehow verify it with rolex?
                    a) do you want to receive a shock if the watch is found to have nonoriginal parts when you sell it?
                    b) remove bracelet, and check if case match.
                    c) have to pay, then they can check for you.

afterall whats A$99 when you have just spent in the region of A$9k. Put it this way, if you have spent the A$9k on the original watch, when you sell, you will get close, even more than your original price. If the new buyer trust you enough, you can even provide the rolex invoice.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Err... so as a general rule, if buyer pays the authentication fee and it is discovered to be fake/non-original as seller claims, who'll eventually pay the fee huh? Will RSC confiscate watch if fake?
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

RSC return watch, seller pays for authentication if found to be non original. Hence it is ideal that, transact at RSC, buyer walks away if it is not original. Just my $0.02
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

i think best is let the seller know b4 hand that if there are non original parts or fail verification, the seller have to cover the costs.

else later seller also dint know inside got non original parts, etc then have a big hoo ha
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

like always, better safe than sorry coupled with caveat empor. end of the day, you cover your own ass. (a bit too harsh, but better you get the message loud and clear )
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X