No announcement yet.

The 5-years rule of servicing Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see there are 2 issues here: sale transaction and dealings with RSC. For the former, it is always best to clarify this part prior to meeting/deal. This will rid off misunderstanding. As for the latter, we have little/no choice. Unless you want to get a 2nd opinion. This is similar to seeing a doctor and/or servicing a car, right?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      I see there are 2 issues here: sale transaction and dealings with RSC. For the former, it is always best to clarify this part prior to meeting/deal. This will rid off misunderstanding. As for the latter, we have little/no choice. Unless you want to get a 2nd opinion. This is similar to seeing a doctor and/or servicing a car, right?
      For the 1st point, the staff at RSC should be more tactful as such comments made could cost the seller the deal. Unless she is very sure that there is an underlying problem with the watch. Which if that is the case, will not cost just $420 to service. If not, she should use more subtle explaination like, based on the age of the watch, it is highly recommended that you service the watch soon, etc... etc... rather than the watch condition is not good, not keeping time, which laymen can never know if its true...

Comment

I beg to differ. You are speaking from a seller's perspective which I can see, rather bias. What if you are the buyer in this instance? What has the RSC staff stand to gain/lose from your sale? Nothing; right? And on being tactful; who is she going to show her tact to? You(seller), or the buyer?

Please do not take offence as I am only seeing it from a neutral point here.

Tx.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

call me KS, but if i am the buyer, hearing such comment from RSC staff will make me think twice, or bargain for some discount to offset the " required servicing"........
          My Small Collection :
          GMT II 16710 Coke U series
          JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
          Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
          Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
          Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
          PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
          BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

I beg to differ. You are speaking from a seller's perspective which I can see, rather bias. What if you are the buyer in this instance? What has the RSC staff stand to gain/lose from your sale? Nothing; right? And on being tactful; who is she going to show her tact to? You(seller), or the buyer?

Please do not take offence as I am only seeing it from a neutral point here.

Tx.
            hi,

no offence taken
            i have considered my position as a buyer as well and i will of course be thankful that the staff there can indeed highlight if there is real problem with the watch. By the way, both me (seller) and buyer feels that she offers no tact to anyone of us at all.
            Not sure how to explain to you, you can surely tell if someone is telling you that there is really a problem with your watch, not BS one...

true, she has nothing to gain/lose from the sale of my watch, but as another bro here has pointed out, RSC is not a charitable organization. they would want to earn servicing fees.

Comment

i understand that polishing of exterior can be done by local watch shops (at lower prices than RSC) but does anyone service the internals of their Rolex at local shops? if so, which are the shops which are considered to be good with Rolex?

Comment

A highly enthusiastic member we have here. Do a search in the forum. There are answers you want. Some common recommendations are JW Watch and Cabin Time.

Cheers!
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

A highly enthusiastic member we have here. Do a search in the forum. There are answers you want. Some common recommendations are JW Watch and Cabin Time.

Cheers!
                  tks for pointing out! paiseh, just found out there are already quite a few sticky threads on this. excellent forum!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X