Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14060/M Variations

Hi All,

I have always been curious about the evolution of the no-date submariner 14060 model. I managed to find out a little about about it's history;

1988: The first ever 14060, succeeding the 5513. Uses a 3000 movement. The dial was a 2-liner just like a 5513.

Late 1990s: The 14060 was given an upgraded movement, the 3130 and renamed the 14060M. It still retained the 2-liner dial.

Around 2007-8: The dial was changed to a 4-liner, a lot like that of the older 5512s. And there was the additional engraved rehaut.

2011: A lesser hyped upgrade saw a number of 'G' serial and Alpha Numeric 14060Ms with the current blue parachrom hairspring, instead of the prior nivarox ones. Many say that this was when Rolex became fully in-house.

I'm just curious about the perceived values of all the different variations. After all, the difference between a red-submariner and a regular 1680 is the red lettering, but it is worth twice as much.

Do feel free to add on or correct if I've made a mistake or missed out anything. Cheers.

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X