Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good buy?

Hi all,

Passions has a Y series Subdate in 18KYG and steel for sale at 6.8k. No papers though. Would the gurus consider this worth biting the bullet for? Thanks!

can bargain abit.... i think 6-6.2k would be my target price range. of course, what your final buying price is, may differ.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

bargain and do it bro

Comment

Originally posted by stash View Post
        bargain and do it bro
        I second that ...
        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

incase the name didnt give it away, it isnt a bro, but a sis instead
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

worth or not depends on condition of watch. depends on when was last serviced?

Y series - sep 2002 to aug 2003. so the watch is at least 6 years old. list price usually up about 500 annually. so based on current list price, u deduct either 3000 or each year u deduct about 7%. this will give you the list price back then. then discount for sports model is about 10%. so you can roughly calculate what is the buying price back then.

with the estimated price and condition of the watch, you would be able to determine whether this piece is worth it or not. as a alternative form of guideline, preown shops usually needs to earn min 500 to cover their overheads.

i can only advise you on the information i have. i cannot advise you if it is worth your money as the watch is on ur wrist and not mine.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              worth or not depends on condition of watch. depends on when was last serviced?

Y series - sep 2002 to aug 2003. so the watch is at least 6 years old. list price usually up about 500 annually. so based on current list price, u deduct either 3000 or each year u deduct about 7%. this will give you the list price back then. then discount for sports model is about 10%. so you can roughly calculate what is the buying price back then.

with the estimated price and condition of the watch, you would be able to determine whether this piece is worth it or not. as a alternative form of guideline, preown shops usually needs to earn min 500 to cover their overheads.

i can only advise you on the information i have. i cannot advise you if it is worth your money as the watch is on ur wrist and not mine.
              This is really good advice triton. Thanks! My dad is going to europe in June. I was wondering if it will be better to ask him to help me to get a brand new one instead. I read the other posts here and it seems like it is indeed a good time to sink moolah into a sub now. I've been monitoring the prices but i'm always torn between the two tone ones vs the lv vs the simple black sub...

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
                This is really good advice triton. Thanks! My dad is going to europe in June. I was wondering if it will be better to ask him to help me to get a brand new one instead. I read the other posts here and it seems like it is indeed a good time to sink moolah into a sub now. I've been monitoring the prices but i'm always torn between the two tone ones vs the lv vs the simple black sub...
                ...i go for the classic black ... even if the price is 500-1000 more than the green.

Comment

classic black is nice, green abit hard to coordinate.
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by adr View Post
                    ...i go for the classic black ... even if the price is 500-1000 more than the green.
                    Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    classic black is nice, green abit hard to coordinate.
                    But the prices for both seem to be on par...

Comment

LV
                      -Green Bazel (50th Anny)
                      -Maxi Dial ( latest kind of Dial that is much fuller on the lumes then the normal Sub
                      -BNIB can get at Hobbylink @7.8k

SubDate
                      -Black Bazel
                      -Normal lume markers compared against the Maxi Dial
                      -Not much discount or no discount currently

Can go purchase a black bazel and fit it to LV sub, just a suggestion cos some ppl don't like Franken Sub.

Comment

Personal choice la bro. If 7.8k for a bnib Sub LV, I think it's gd price. For me I'll still choose the ss black Sub.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X