Daytona 116520 or sub 116613ln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona 116520 or sub 116613ln

Currently in a fix, should I get a Daytona or a sub? Kind of like the two tone, yet Daytona is nice too...
    Sinn U1

Originally posted by seaking View Post
    Currently in a fix, should I get a Daytona or a sub? Kind of like the two tone, yet Daytona is nice too...
    Everyone will have different opinion of their watch. I would feel that getting a daytona first is better and get the sub as the 2nd one. A TT watch will look great in formal wear, however, in casual it will look a bit out of place.

A steel daytona will fit both casual and formal wear. Personally try both watches as much as possible b4 buying and the one u think about most will be your choice. =)

Comment

Thanks jackjack..
      Sinn U1

Comment

Both models are icons in their own rights. You should try them both.

Speaking from experience, I was mesmerized by the tt black sub, only to regret not buying a "plain" full steel sport model instead.

Comment

Hi 3echo.. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. I was attracted by the tt as well. But a couple of friends and even my wife comment that I look "uncle" wearing the tt. Yah I know it follow my heart but as I will be spending this amt, I hope to get something to complement myself well. The only complaint I had for Daytona is if it could be another 1 or two mm larger, then it would have been perfect.
          Sinn U1

Comment

Hi 3echo.. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. I was attracted by the tt as well. But a couple of friends and even my wife comment that I look "uncle" wearing the tt. Yah I know it follow my heart but as I will be spending this amt, I hope to get something to complement myself well. The only complaint I had for Daytona is if it could be another 1 or two mm larger, then it would have been perfect.
            I sold my TT GMT2 eventually to buy a steel version as I cannot wear it as often. The daytona and sub has the same diameter for the dial. However daytona appear smaller because of the casing/lugs.
            How about a steel sub?

My complaint for daytona is not the size but rather the date

Comment

Hi there Seaking,
              I have the TT version of the Daytona with a blue Arabic dial and also a SS GMT master 2 C in black. Both these watches can be worn in all situations.

The Daytona does wear a little smaller but is very comfortable and can be worn in a casual or formal situation. I am currently considering a TT Submariner with the newer sunburst dial which looks really awesome in all situations actually. I've tried it at AD's and found that its got the right balance as well as the sizing on the wrist is well proportioned.

The black version is really sharp looking but I think the new blue sunburst is currently the best looking of all the submariners- even the white gold version.
              This video is really good and can give you an idea of the watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xmc...jXfqDw&index=2

Comment

Originally posted by 3echo View Post
                Both models are icons in their own rights. You should try them both...

my dad wore only 1 watch for most of his life and never took it off no matter what he wore or where he went.

it's only too small, too big, too flashy, or too inappropriate if you think it is. most people don't care so buy the one you prefer more... and buy the other one later.
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

The no date of the daytona put me off else I bought it long ago

Comment

yah.. without a date does posed a little inconvenience

Originally posted by nakedtoes View Post
                    The no date of the daytona put me off else I bought it long ago
                    Sinn U1

Comment

yah.. without a date does posed a little inconvenience
                      you'll get used to it (really) if it's a daily wearer.

purists prefer manual wind chronographs without date...
                      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                        you'll get used to it (really) if it's a daily wearer.

purists prefer manual wind chronographs without date...
                        I have a few watches to rotate. Sometimes i will just wear either my milgauss/daytona when they stop ... because they have no date and faster to adjust to the correct time. Im Just a lazy person

Comment

every morning without fail put a small round sticker on the clasp indicating the date.

Comment

Ahhh sounds like a plan

Originally posted by polarinda View Post
                            every morning without fail put a small round sticker on the clasp indicating the date.
                            Sinn U1

Comment

Between the SS Daytona and TT Sub C LN, it's likely the SS Daytona gets more wrist time. Gold is not as evergreen as plain old SS in any occasion.. The absence of the date function will not make the wearer less productive, when almost everyone carries a smartphone these days.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X