No announcement yet.

Which LV you will get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BNIB LV for me. Agree with the Bros here, you should consider the Y series only if it's complete set, else no point getting it though it's the so called "anniversary watch"

Comment

early edition would be my choice but in a practical point of view, i will consider buying the bnew latest one for i will be the first owner plus i will save on servicing cost and the bnew has 2 years warranty in it.

Comment

OK guys, been reading alot of this Y series thingy. This question has been ringing on my mind. Since Y series is something all collectors are eyeing for:

Is it because Rolex is still producing LV, so collectors are making the Y series look like a must have?

And if lets say when Rolex suddenly decide to stop making after the V series, then wat??? V Series becomes a must have instead of the Y series? Like all rollies the last series would be the one to get right? Now don tell me about the how rare the Y series is hor, cos any watch model manufactured more then 2000 pcs is no longer considered rare although I donno how many Y series are made hehehe.

Pls forgive me if I upset any collectors or Old bird here.
        Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

V series still can buy today. But Y series already limited to a very short window period in year 2003 (Sept to ?Nov? 2003). So going by this simple logic, I think that Y series will be more limited in numbers vs V series. Ltd numbers usually mean more $$.

Furthermore, Y series is the 'true' year of 50th year celebration of the submariner. Some people call it the 50th anniversary - though not found in Rolex lexicon; more hard core collectors prefer to call this 50th year celebration.

I was searching for one high and low across multiple countries and websites. glad my search is over two weeks ago. Landed a pretty nice mintily pristine Y LV with papers and complete set.

Why LV? Y LV.

Comment

Thanks bro submarooner, U have a splandid collection of LV's man
            Think I will go after the the later versions with chapter ring. It makes more sense to me cos me not collector like you guys hehehehe

Comment

Ok I just remembered this

Y series is the first for LV models. But recently I saw a link to a local site where the seller of this shop states that officially it should have been F series and at the website its states one of the First series. Please don't ask me who and which shop name. Thanks.

So what is what? Please comment.

Comment

The Y series and early F series both got different dial and a flat 4 from other series. Hence this tiny difference from the rest of the LV makes it a bit ex or 'collectable'

My 2 cents is get the Y. Dial and bezel bears some difference that makes it unique. Even w/o papers, next time resale will be better.

See the red sub and normal sub 1680 pricing w/o papers now. Even with no papers, still command premium.

Comment

Originally posted by NaesHaes View Post
                  Ok I just remembered this

Y series is the first for LV models. But recently I saw a link to a local site where the seller of this shop states that officially it should have been F series and at the website its states one of the First series. Please don't ask me who and which shop name. Thanks.

So what is what? Please comment.
                  let me guess..starting with V?

One of my friends called them to ask why they say F series is the first batch as he has a Y series.

They say oh, cos F series is the official launch series, and althou the actual first batch that was sold is Y, its towards the end of the Y and hence, the F is the official first series, blah blah blah.

so it seems they know that the 1st launch is Y....
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

See the red sub and normal sub 1680 pricing w/o papers now. Even with no papers, still command premium.
                    Humm seems like I must get 2 pieces liao... Get 1 Y to keep and a V to wear kekekeke

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    let me guess..starting with V?

Spot on bro...

Come on lar, for a moment he did managed to confused me and cause me to have some doubts on the knowledge I gathered here. First series tu see First series anything after that is second!!!! Mai how siao kekekekeke

Comment

lol, no idea.

but i guess their claims that rolex officially announce the launch of LV was on the F series might be true...hence, their claim that the F is the first 'official' batch isnt really that wrong actually....

officially declared mah keke....notice the word that we need to take note is 'official'
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        lol, no idea.

but i guess their claims that rolex officially announce the launch of LV was on the F series might be true...hence, their claim that the F is the first 'official' batch isnt really that wrong actually....

officially declared mah keke....notice the word that we need to take note is 'official'
                        Hummm now that you mention of this possibility I would have to agree I guess. Possible that Rolex Officially release the news when they are already start manufacturing the using the F Series.

Comment

Originally posted by NaesHaes View Post
                          Humm seems like I must get 2 pieces liao... Get 1 Y to keep and a V to wear kekekeke

Spot on bro...

Come on lar, for a moment he did managed to confused me and cause me to have some doubts on the knowledge I gathered here. First series tu see First series anything after that is second!!!! Mai how siao kekekekeke
                          NaesHaes my friend,
                          Get 1 Y to keep (in safe)
                          Get 1 V (or any pre-owned) series to wear
                          Finally, get 1 V BNIB to keep (in safe) - If V eventually turns out to be the last series of the LV, that would be just nice. If not, keep trading LV V to the next BNIB LV series to keep... and bro, when the SS LV Sub moves over to the new supersize casing, rendering LV to be the sub model around for the shortest duration, just-nice would have just become very-nice.

Indeedly.

Oh, I guess that means you need 3. Happy collecting.
                          cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by submarooner View Post
                            NaesHaes my friend,
                            Get 1 Y to keep (in safe)
                            Get 1 V (or any pre-owned) series to wear
                            Finally, get 1 V BNIB to keep (in safe) - If V eventually turns out to be the last series of the LV, that would be just nice. If not, keep trading LV V to the next BNIB LV series to keep... and bro, when the SS LV Sub moves over to the new supersize casing, rendering LV to be the sub model around for the shortest duration, just-nice would have just become very-nice.

Indeedly.

Oh, I guess that means you need 3. Happy collecting.
                            cheers.
                            Just purchase my FIRST ROLEX

Sub LV V Series...BNIB Local AD
                            Starting to save for Y but not sure if I would get a 3rd LV. Think 2 can liao

Comment

I think u had made up ur mind there! Buy it becos u like it...BNIB becos its new and comes with the chapter ring...Not getting the Y series becos u r not a collector and will not sell it off right?

Comment

hi

NaesHaes
                                congrats on your LV! Enjoy it!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X