Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for my 16523

Hi to all

Need some advice from the community here. I have a TT Daytona 16523 Zenith Movement which supposedly has a rather rare dial(as heard from others) with white face, diamond markers and inverted 6 on one of the indicators.

Was wondering if I should keep it or trade up to maybe a WG one.

No budget for another additional one so it's either this or a WG one..

Please help.. Thanks a lot in advance...

Originally posted by edneo View Post
    ...I have a TT Daytona 16523 Zenith Movement which supposedly has a rather rare dial(as heard from others) with white face, diamond markers and inverted 6 on one of the indicators.

Was wondering if I should keep it or trade up to maybe a WG one...
    are you looking to buy a full WG piece or WG head on strap? they wear/feel slightly different. i really like watches on straps but prefer the full gold bracelet for slightly better balance.

the new daytona has an awesome movement, and IMO much better than the zenith one. but i am a movement freak - on the wrist it probably doesn't make too much of a difference.

i would not let the "6" on your TT watch be a big concern as they are primarily worth a premium on steel models. the value on you rdial would be in its factory diamond markers than the 6.

have you recently serviced your watch? depending on the service price and sale price, it is unlikely you'll be able to claw much of that back in the sale of a 16523. will your next piece need any servicing? if so, it will jack up the price of your purchase.

be mindful of the lack of links in both watches - they will cost money, either way.

personally, i would trade up only if i am looking to go gold and/or like the heft of gold AND if the prices are right (both sale and purchase). patience is usually rewarded with a good deal.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thanks a lot for the advice. I am more inclined towards strap than bracelets. Hmm guess I better do my calculations.. Appreciate your reply

Comment

I would keep the one you have and save for the WG one, if a new watch is a must.

The one you currently have will appreciate more as the WG will depreciate somewhat.

Comment

thanks..yeah that's what I am planning to do right now.. pretty close to it ..fingers crossed.. haha

Originally posted by waqstar View Post
          I would keep the one you have and save for the WG one, if a new watch is a must.

The one you currently have will appreciate more as the WG will depreciate somewhat.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X