GMT Master II crown/ hour hand quick set issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMT Master II crown/ hour hand quick set issue

The GMT master II crown has 3 positions, 1: winding, 2: setting the hour hand, 3: setting the 24hour hand and minute hand.

I noticed that on my GMT master the crown sometimes can be between postion 1 and 2. ie. it neither winds the watch nor set the hour hand. Sometimes it can set the hour hand forward but not backward. Been searching on forums but never able to find anything on this.

Any advice?

Originally posted by profzhu View Post
    The GMT master II crown has 3 positions, 1: winding, 2: setting the hour hand, 3: setting the 24hour hand and minute hand.

I noticed that on my GMT master the crown sometimes can be between postion 1 and 2. ie. it neither winds the watch nor set the hour hand. Sometimes it can set the hour hand forward but not backward. Been searching on forums but never able to find anything on this.

Any advice?

it is quite common on 3185 movement to have mis-engagement when doing settings on the crown. sometimes pull out never engage the gears properly so push it back and try again. sometimes when doing time setting, pull out but seconds hand did no hack. have to retry again. if you feel that the crown does not engage properly, do not proceed to wind the crown. just push it back again and retry.

Comment

Hmmm mine is the BLNR so its the 3186 movement. I was thinking that the gears cannot engagement properly as well.

Comment

Hmmm mine is the BLNR so its the 3186 movement. I was thinking that the gears cannot engagement properly as well.
        same one. the crown actions on rolex movements are not so precise like eta or valjoux movement. the clicking and engagement on those are very precise. pulled out got click means ok.

only rolex movement that seems very precise on the crown actions to me is the 3130 non date movement.

Comment

if you cannot find people familiar with rolex watches to handle your watch, you can (at your own risk) walk into RSC to have them check it out.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X