deep sea vs gmt 2 blue black.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deep sea vs gmt 2 blue black.

Was deciding either a deep sea or gmt batman. Any peeps able to share their experience which will be a better choice n value substain if I were to resell in future. Each having their own pros n cons I guess but couldn't decide on which. Thanks all in advance

I personally will go for the blue-black..

Comment

I was actually considering dssd, blue-black or sea dweller as well. Am having a 16710 black bezel so dunno which to get next......

Comment

Originally posted by Joshuasjw View Post
        Was deciding either a deep sea or gmt batman. Any peeps able to share their experience which will be a better choice n value substain if I were to resell in future. Each having their own pros n cons I guess but couldn't decide on which. Thanks all in advance
        Both are very different watch models. The GMT II "batman" is a new model and is currently selling at premium price. Hence value wise, it will not have much of a good resale in future. I do not see any difference in value appreciation with the DSSD too but as you may get a certain discount now if you buy it, you may just lose lesser (as compared to the "batman") if you re-sell it in future.

IIRC, the "batman" retails at $11,670 and the DSSD at $15,780, as of late 2013. The market now for new purchase at the ADs for the "batman" is at best at its retail price or premium of about $12,000. The DSSD about 10% discount from retail.

For general knowledge, I recalled the GMT IIC (116710) used to be at premium when it first entered the market in 2006/2007, selling at above $11K. Look at the current resale price of the 116710 now. You can probably buy one pre-owned 6-7 yrs model at below $8K.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Take my 116710LN on sale brand new at 8.8k and get it off my winder, so I can get a 116713LN asap. Lolz.

Comment

U really need to try on both watch. Having both watch b4 I find dssd to thick to my pref
            Current:
            Rolex GMT2C TT 116713AN
            Panerai 312N
            Panerai 233O
            Sevenfriday P1-2
            Sevenfriday M2-2
            Seiko SBBN015

Past:
            Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller 116660G
            Panerai 005N
            Steinhart aviation chrono

Comment

If the DSSD cost 15k, might as well add a little more to get a Daytona.

Comment

Originally posted by Damienic View Post
                If the DSSD cost 15k, might as well add a little more to get a Daytona.
                actually got the same thinking as well but daytona looks real small in real comparing to t
                Other 40 mm model. Few of my frenz was saying daytona looks uncle lol.

Comment

The DSSD is a special timepiece, normally more difficult to spot and buy (as compered to a Sub) but equally more difficult to wear in a variety of situations. Of course everyone has their own preferences - I sold mine as it felt too cumbersome, bulky and heavy for every day at the office under cuffed shirts.

The Blue-black is a beauty, easier to wear, no issue in holding its value over time. You should get the one which makes YOU happy and smiling. Nothing else matters. Both timepieces will hold value over years as they bear the Rolex name, no discussion about that.

The Daytona is a different beast. It may not have a date complication but as soon as you put it over your wrist you shall immediately understand the hype about it. No other model in the Rolex range beats it.

Comment

I don't really agree that because the 116710LN (black GMT2C) didn't hold value well means the 116710BLNR (black blue GMT2C) is not going to. I feel that the black and blue GMT2C is going to hold value much better than the black GMT2C because it goes back to the traditional dual colour GMT bezel and it also holds value for being the first watch to have 2 colours painted on the same piece of material. It also looks different from a Submariner unlike the black GMT2C.

The Deep Sea is big and I know some people like it because of its size. However, it uses the same 20mm bracelet that are on the other Rolex models as well. For a watch that big, the bracelet looks tiny, and actually fits a little weird on the Deep Sea in my opinion. For me it is a little too heavy for normal wear and the bracelet doesn't balance the weight and thickness of the watch well.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by profzhu View Post
                      The Deep Sea is big and I know some people like it because of its size. However, it uses the same 20mm bracelet that are on the other Rolex models as well. For a watch that big, the bracelet looks tiny, and actually fits a little weird on the Deep Sea in my opinion. For me it is a little too heavy for normal wear and the bracelet doesn't balance the weight and thickness of the watch well.

Just my opinion.
                      i completely second this opinion about the Deep Sea. It is a very lovely looking time piece, but having tried it on the other day, I'm not a small built, my girlfriend immediately thumbed it down saying, thats a little too chunky even for you. haha

Comment

Well for me. DSSD is just not for me. Too chunky and not comfy for daily wear or even once in a while wear occasion.

Go for Blue Black. More stylish and beautiful watch. I also agreed the blue black was back to its old tradition that differentiate it from Sub ( as in 116710LN which look too similar with black sub date )

Just IMHO

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X