Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why resale price for exp2 42mm so jialat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Exp2 broke down last month, just passed 2 years from the date of purchase. I hv only been wearing it once a week. This is really rare for a Rolex as their QC is second to none. I have since brought it back to Rolex Centre for repair and they did not charge me for it despite the lapsed warranty.

Im not sure if the Caliber 3187 has a manufacturing defect or Im just plain lucky. 4 days ago, my friend complained that his 1 year old Exp2 didn't seem to be keeping time well. I hv since advised him to send in for a checkup.

Fyi, I was told that White Dial has a better resale bcos Prince Harry of Wales has been spotted with one on his wrist.

http://rolexblog.blogspot.sg/2012/03...ess-steel.html

Comment

http://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/4...hread!/page113

I remembered the Official Explorer Thread had 2 members got problem with their Exp 2 too.
      Seems like there might be some issues with the 3187 but we need to see more cases surfacing to have concrete proof.

Comment

my experience with Explorer 2 (16570) is the time accuracy. every two days, -4 mins. May be need servicing, I am not sure. I saw somewhere that Explorer has this problem of accuracy. Anyone can confirm that?

I am going for explorer 216570 the white dial later hopefuly, I dun have the bad experience that Leo has.

Comment

2 reasons. First, you bought at the peak when the watch just launched. Second, like the predecessor 40mm , this model is always behind the popularity of sub and gmt. Now it is finding the foothold of the preowned price but it will always be linked to the BNIB price. Since a lot of buyers managed to get BNIB at ard $8k(look at the sale gallery) , the preowned price will be priced $1k-$2k lower.

Comment

Originally posted by starystarynite View Post
            my experience with Explorer 2 (16570) is the time accuracy. every two days, -4 mins. May be need servicing, I am not sure. I saw somewhere that Explorer has this problem of accuracy. Anyone can confirm that?

I am going for explorer 216570 the white dial later hopefuly, I dun have the bad experience that Leo has.
            My 16570/3185 +2.5 mins/30 days.
            Date change at midnight 2mins 30sec daily.
            I am satisfied with the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Derick View Post
              My 16570/3185 +2.5 mins/30 days.
              Date change at midnight 2mins 30sec daily.
              I am satisfied with the performance.
              Looks like not within cosc limit...
              HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
              ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
              Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
              Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
              Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
              TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
              G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
              Rolex ladies datejust
              vintage Cartier tank 18k
              TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
                Looks like not within cosc limit...
                2.5 mins = 150 seconds.

150 / 30 days = +5 per day.

COSC = -4 +6 per day.

Comment

repeated posting. i got intermittent problems in the forum.
                  Last edited by leslie; 26-02-14, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                    2.5 mins = 150 seconds.

150 / 30 days = +5 per day.

COSC = -4 +6 per day.
                    Ohh you calculated that way huh.. Then sorry.. My bad..
                    HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                    ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                    Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                    Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                    Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                    TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                    G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                    Rolex ladies datejust
                    vintage Cartier tank 18k
                    TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

In my opinion this model does not have the turning bezel. Which make it even less thing to play with when people purchased one. When the ceramic technology replacing the previous painted insert, I am sure buyers are looking into the brand new concept first from Rolex. The idea of ceramic, which in my opinion, I think, was coming from 6542 Bakelite. During the begining of creation for 6542 in 50's, first version if I am not wrong was rubber. Until they graduately improve it into Bakelite by adding flexible plastic compound.

Perhaps is call unfortune because the stablility of bakelite was not constant for all the production lot. Some can sustain until today with no crack mainly because of weather in Carlifornia is good or, never worn watch kept under drawers. But I still believe some pieces composition reached the sweet spot of the production in time of mixing and cooking process. But those are at high price. And of course, replica comes out to confuse people.

So, in conclusion, ceramic is still a very new item to watch industry although some not major brands has been using it as bezel but without steel ring structure. With steel ring structure it is still only Rolex has this vintage taste inherit from early subbies or GMTs. Won't be any mistakes on getting a piece for yourself. IMOO, if Milgauss remake can have the thunder hand why not a steel ring bezel?? It would have been a hit. Kenphuah

Comment

Originally posted by starystarynite View Post

ask a watch shop you know to put your exp2 on their vibrograph and they should be able to tell you if your watch needs a service or adjustment. but -4mins/day is a sure sign of an overdue service - no point even trying to regulate.

no such thing as exp2 has problem of accuracy. the last few years of 16570 uses the same movement found in the ceramic GMT2. if what you say is true, it means the problem is not limited to 16570s.

my experience with movements that have the new parachrom blue spring times quite well direct from factory/AD. 116610: -2s/week. 16570 (3186): +2s/day. 114060: +1s/day

having said that... any of my old rolex watches can keep similarly good time with a service and 2 adjustments.
                        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Which is a good shop to go ?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X