Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why resale price for exp2 42mm so jialat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why resale price for exp2 42mm so jialat.

Any thoughts ?

I sold mine recently too and took a hit .

Problem is everyone is 'dumping' at 7kish . This watch still retails new at 10.6k . Puzzled .

there is a BNIB set that is dated about half a year ago selling for high 7k. if selling in the region of 7k sounds not too bad.

retail watch price does not necessary have to be used as an indicator for resale price. i remember AD were selling 16570 last batch @ close to mid 7k but the resale watch price was nearly half aka around mid 3k to 4.

factors that impact the value of resale watch

1. demand and supply
    2. state of economy
    3. condition of watch
    4. completeness of watch package
    5. there are many other factors

all these play a more important role especially point 1 compared to the indicative MSRP

Originally posted by adrianlim13 View Post
    Any thoughts ?

I sold mine recently too and took a hit .

Problem is everyone is 'dumping' at 7kish . This watch still retails new at 10.6k . Puzzled .
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I understand where u are coming from but the 216570 is still a new model (relative). If its a Datejust I can understand the drop but sport series... Hmm.

So generally explorer not so popular ?

I am fine with losing some money cos I just want to trim my collection, but I am just surprise to see that ALL folks are prepared to just price it down.

You don't see Gmts, Subs price drop so much .

Comment

so hw much u sold in the end? i saw u asking for 7400, i was looking at your thread also. anyway i think the grey market prices plays a small part i guess.. those bnib overseas selling for 7.9+ only, pre-owned abit hard to sell high...

Comment

73xx.

Thats why i am curious , 2 years back I was searching high n low for this . Went to HK,Japan,UK and couldn't get a good price. NOW these people can sell oversea AD BINB for 7kish. I really salute these people with great lobangs. It simply means, exp2 42m no demand.

I still have the pepsi, gmtIIc, hulk,sub,daytona, exp2 (black), Mil GV . Of all, I chose to sell the 42mm cos, maybe i don't really like the white face after all. (I bought cos i just wanted a white face rolex) IMO the black face is nicer for the 42mm.

Comment

i guess looks is subjective bah, there are ppl who prefer the white.. like me.

wow, u have a great collection! thumbs up.

Comment

7k plus for used Exp 2 seem to be make sense when new grey sets are 8k plus. look at the price of used 116610LN and LV, it's also hovering around 1K+ lower than new grey sets.
              elusive

Comment

Is a supply and demand issue. Too many supply and that's the reason why the resale value is low. Don't you think it is better to buy resale than brand new?

Comment

Haha. If everyone thinks like that, who will buy from AD?

I guess you are right . Maybe mass production and since Europeans no money to buy, all unsold pieces float to asia.

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                    7k plus for used Exp 2 seem to be make sense when new grey sets are 8k plus. look at the price of used 116610LN and LV, it's also hovering around 1K+ lower than new grey sets.
                    This is the part. If the demand is good, why would they grey sets be priced at 'only' 8k plus? Shouldn't they price it closer to 10600 n make more. Like the hulks,batmans....

I could only speculate that people are not warming up to this model . Or they overproduced .. I dunno.

Comment

My sense is that there is too many in the market. If you walk into any shop, you are more likely to find one as compared to say hulk or batman.

Comment

Is it normal for the black dial to command a little more than a white dial for Explorer 2 ? I was told by a pre-own shop selling them....

Comment

It differs from model to model. I recall it was so for the older model Explorer II (16570). The black dial 16570 was more sought after than the white one. However, it doesn't seem so for this current model (216570). It seems the white 216570 is more popular.

Generally, if a model comes in black and white dial versions, the former is usually more popular. There are several reasons to it but mainly, a black dial watch is more versatile in terms of matching one's dressing. Other models with the black dial being a more favourable choice include the Daytona (116520), Milgauss (116400), and most of the klassik models.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

white explorer 2 outsold the black in japan back then the watch was released. for at least the first few years the white version costs more (grey/AD). i was able to get a black version for cheap there during the early 90s because of its unpopularity...

as i understand it, it's the opposite in HK...
                            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

really has to do with demand and supply.. but from my interaction with dealers, they all seem to prefer black face..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X