Confused about sizing of Sub and SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about sizing of Sub and SD

Hi bros here having both the watches? Or had any experience with the Sub as well as SD?
    I read thru a number of threads and reviews but eventually didn't managed to have a conclusion.

Better Sub / Sub C & SD, which watch wears bigger? Visually I mean as I ustand both are 40mm.
    I know the SD is a more hefty watch, sits taller due to the case. But reality on wrist, does it wear bigger or seems bigger?

Sub C = larger because of the big lug and big crown + crown guard although watch size remains 40mm

SD = slightly thicker than Sub, size should be same with Sub (40mm)

Comment

are you referring to 40mm sea dweller or 44mm DeepSea Sea Dweller?
      If you are referring to DeepSea of course it's bigger.

Comment

I would encourage you to visit an AD and try on the different pieces if possible.
        Because it really depends on your wrist size.
        I was wearing a 43mm diameter Bremont comfortably and thought that I should be able to wear all but the largest Rolex.
        Went to an AD and tried the Explorer II, Sub & GMTc and found that the Explorer II looks really large on my 6 3/4-inch wrist.
        Didn't even need to try the beastly DSSD!

Choose the GMTc in the end as I find it most appealing.
        The lug design plays a really big part on comfort and how a watch "sits" on your wrist.
        Try it at the AD even if you decide to purchase from grey importer..

Just my 0.02cents!

Comment

Originally posted by riyute View Post
          Hi bros here having both the watches? Or had any experience with the Sub as well as SD?
          I read thru a number of threads and reviews but eventually didn't managed to have a conclusion.

Better Sub / Sub C & SD, which watch wears bigger? Visually I mean as I ustand both are 40mm.
          I know the SD is a more hefty watch, sits taller due to the case. But reality on wrist, does it wear bigger or seems bigger?
          Among the 3 , the sub C wears a lot bigger due to the case , the SD no doubt is thicker than the 16610 sub still wear slightly smaller than it no doub it's also 40mm but u can feel the weight the moment u wear it. U really have to try it out
          My Current Collection :
          Rolex Submariner 116610LN
          Rolex Submariner 116610LV aka Hulk
          Rolex Airking 14000
          Panerai Submersible Special Edition 364
          Panerai Luminor 112
          Omega speed master moonwatch 3570.50
          Tissot Visodate

Sold and regretted since then
          Rolex Submariner 16610
          Rolex GMT 116710LN
          Rolex Explorer 16570 ( Polar)
          Tudor heritage Black Bay
          Omega speed master moonwatch 3873.50
          Omega speed master pre-moon C321
          Panerai Submersible 24

Comment

May i raise a pertinent point about the subc's comfort.

Both the case and clasp have very broad/long/flat profiles. This creates an bi-elliptical side profile when viewing it end-on from 3 or 9 o'clock.

The links will mould round the wrist as usual, but due to the 'flat' case on top and 'flat' clasp below, if the cross section of the wearer's wrist is rounder (ie more fleshy/fatty, or just large in general), it could be quite uncomfy because the flatness of the case and clasp don't mould nicely with the top and bottom of the wrist respectively. And there will be these 'air lobangs' just under the lugs of the watch.

Not sure if anyone understands or has this experience.
            "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

Originally posted by blueysmurfy View Post
              are you referring to 40mm sea dweller or 44mm DeepSea Sea Dweller?
              If you are referring to DeepSea of course it's bigger.
              Sea dweller bro. If it's DSSD I would have indicated anyway, tried DSSD already it's huge on my wrist? I liked it but it just looked too huge on my 6.25 wrist..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X