Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non ceramic. 16610
    alu bezel cheaper to replace.
    more vintage and save up for another watch.

Comment

i feel the bracelet, buckle, cyclops AR, blue lume, new spring and bigger case are worth the extra money. the entire bracelet alone sells for more than $2.5k on the used market.

i don't think this watch will age well though. i think it will look odd on an old man's wrist unless he's quite big sized. on a younger man, it's not a problem.

if you're worried about the ceramic insert cracking, do what i did... buy an extra and keep it. i paid $800 for two used ceramic inserts from europe - the lume dot fell off but otherwise in mint condition. i can live with it if mine cracks!
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Do you all mean the ceramic bezel insert will crack "by itself" a few years?

Comment

Originally posted by chriscentro View Post
          Do you all mean the ceramic bezel insert will crack "by itself" a few years?
          it won't crack by itself. but i'm sure with the right impact at the wrong angle it will crack or at the very least, chip.

i've read accounts of expensive bezel replacements outside of warranty, so i decided it's better if i bought an extra (just in case) as a modern sub is now permanently in my regular rotation.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X