Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gri13
    you should buy direct from AD
    That what i did but there are many out there looking for safe and good buy other than paying more to buy from AD.
    As what people had said there are plenty of smart and clever people out there trying to outsmart everyone and getting away with it so it better to play safe than sorry, especially for noob. We don't want see people spend lot of money and end up with a sad buy.

Comment

It all depends on your risk appetite.

If you are mad keen to save some bucks, the garage sub forums are a great place to stalk. Always buy the seller. Myself., I wouldn't be inclined to drop any $$$ before a deal is to be transacted.

The less troublesome way would be to turn up at the ADs or the boutiques. Research the % discount you can get away with, and try your luck

Ultimately, buying a luxury watch should be a positive experience. Don't ruin it for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by bensg View Post
        That what i did but there are many out there looking for safe and good buy other than paying more to buy from AD.
        As what people had said there are plenty of smart and clever people out there trying to outsmart everyone and getting away with it so it better to play safe than sorry, especially for noob. We don't want see people spend lot of money and end up with a sad buy.
        Me sorry for asking Noob question.
        Especially for noob. We don't want see people spend lot of money and end up with a sad buy. you mean fake watch?

I won't pay a single cent until i have decide and confirm want to deal. You can check with the seller before meeting up. If you want to pay him a little token for compensation his time and transportation in case you don't want to deal, think he won't mind too.
        The most common practices to protect yourself are to buy from a good reliable seller and send the watch to RSC for verification before paying the money. After the payment if anything really goes wrong even you go to the police also will have a hard time and many hassles to get back your money.
        You are the buyer paying the money so you can insist for RSC. If the seller can't wait or insist 3rd party. You can always go look for another seller willing to.

We can't start a thread but we can do a search. Other than what you want to know there are plenty of good information too.
        Me sorry for asking Noob question.
        You mean view the watch & keen at that time, send the watch to RSC for verification, before paying the money. Not pay a single cent, little token for watch to RSC for verification like deposit $200 ?

Comment

This is a good guide for beginner.
          A sad buy can be anything that not up to buyer expectation, not only restricted to fake or replica.
          The meeting up and transaction details will very much depending on arrangement between the two parties.
          As sincere willing buyer and seller both should work out something that is reasonable and convenience for both.

Comment

wow thanks all for the replies.
            The seller I am looking at is giving an attractive price compared to AD, and of course is already having lots and lots of positive feedback from past buyers, this forum and other watch forums out there.
            I do trust the seller actually, but just posting here to see what is the common practice from buying in the Garage sub forum.
            Regarding placing deposit, RSC verification, etc

Comment

This is a good guide for beginner.
              A sad buy can be anything that not up to buyer expectation, not only restricted to fake or replica.
              The meeting up and transaction details will very much depending on arrangement between the two parties.
              As sincere willing buyer and seller both should work out something that is reasonable and convenience for both.
              I am aware of this link but I lost your point of view. Please see my Today, 07:00 PM reply & advice your point of view. because your point of view does not match the link that you send.

Comment

What i had posted are my Personal POV, comments and advices, Anyone may agree or disagree but don't get offended if can't get it down well. Just take them with a pinch of salt.
                If anyone got any issue with my comments you are welcome to point out openly, I don't feel easy with beating around the bush.
                Before thing going farther i also like to make it clear and open that we come here for learning and healthy discussion, i do not want to get into some meaningless argument.

Comment

What i had posted are my Personal POV, comments and advices, Anyone may agree or disagree but don't get offended if can't get it down well. Just take them with a pinch of salt.
                  If anyone got any issue with my comments you are welcome to point out openly, I don't feel easy with beating around the bush.
                  Before thing going farther i also like to make it clear and open that we come here for learning and healthy discussion, i do not want to get into some meaningless argument.
                  No worry clear no argument. Good day to you sir!

Comment

no hard feelings, Cheer.

Comment

Originally posted by rolexnow View Post
                      Sorry to hijack this thread, but I think I cant start threads yet.

Am going to consider buying rolex from this forum as there are many guys selling and with good feedback.
                      But Is it common practice to pay small token down payments before seeing the watch? Even for reputable sellers here?
                      And what kind of action can I actually take to protect myself against fake watch sellers. Could I actually go to the police?
                      As sellers lately refuse to wait for RSC verification time, and instead bring to third party to authenticate.
                      Thanks!
                      Originally posted by rolexnow View Post
                      wow thanks all for the replies.
                      The seller I am looking at is giving an attractive price compared to AD, and of course is already having lots and lots of positive feedback from past buyers, this forum and other watch forums out there.
                      I do trust the seller actually, but just posting here to see what is the common practice from buying in the Garage sub forum.
                      Regarding placing deposit, RSC verification, etc
                      Consider buying Rolex from this forum is good.
                      what is the best way to know the seller good or not beside with good feedback. Beside price that you getting is always important to view with no obligation. Upon viewing you know better how the seller character, behaviour never lies. some good with humble, some good with price, some knowledge & sharing.

Many ways to looks at good sellers, like many ways to looks at your window shopping but the time that you feel uneasy, salesman try to push the sales, price that shop offers not a best time to get, not easy to let go if can't close the deals. This is all in your shopping experience, make use this knowledge to lookout for good seller.

About protect myself against fake watch.
                      Let's not be so kuku but you may acting like magoo. If can you joint forum GTG or meet up organize by forum mod, this way you may making new positive friends, gain new knowledge & the best protection to avoid fake.

Is it common practice to pay small token down payments before seeing the watch.
                      NO NO NO.......... Simple steps simple ways can be done just need a bit of knowledge, if this don't works on you, don't do it, avoid my advice..

One of the best advice that I gain from met up.
                      Do homework on the watch you want to buy. Find out information as much as you can about the watch. Try to ask members via pm for advice but not anyhow ya. Don't ask generic questions, it is hard for them to answer. try to ask specific questions to get better response.

Set your budget.
                      Look at what are the brands you are interested.
                      Isolate the model do some homework on the watch in concern.

Confirm what comes with watch, full set the best if can.
                      View keen but need verification, not a problem meet at RSC on free day.
                      Please respect each other, seller may asking for small deposit but not more than $150. If not upon view may do upon meet up at RSC. Why need a small deposit because some buyer last minute bake up, another word for aeroplane.
                      Last edited by clocking; 06-01-14, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X