Noob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question

Any difference between a 10yr old sub and a 3yr old sub.
    Assuming both is 16610.
    Difference such as specs movement etc.
    If the idea is to use as daily beater and not to flip.

A "10yr old sub" should be an 'F' series while a "3yr old sub" is a 'G' or 'V' series.

There is very little difference externally. The newer one comes with the engraved rehaut while the older model does not. The movement should be the same, ie 3135, for both.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by riyute View Post
      Any difference between a 10yr old sub and a 3yr old sub.
      Assuming both is 16610.
      Difference such as specs movement etc.
      If the idea is to use as daily beater and not to flip.
      The difference are as replied by bro Oceanklassik, IMHO it is better to get a 10 year old one as a daily beater. Just get the necessary servicing done and it is as good as a 3 year old. At least you don't need to be so careful when wearing it.

Comment

Thanks bros here! Sharing all the valuable info.. Almost kena a "sharp knife"lol..
        Appreciate it tons!

Comment

Originally posted by gri13
          assuming both is 16610, 10yr old sub (ie 2003) maybe no engraved rehaut and the box is the old type wood with paper warranty
          3yr old sub ie 2010 is with engravbed rehaut (ROLEXROLEXROLEX....) and the new design box with card warranty
          10yr old should need a full servicing (if never done before since 2003) while 2010 no need servicing
          price wise, i will say $5800 to $6000 for 2003 and $6500 to $6800 for 2010 (assuming all papers, box, accessories intact)
          Note that full servicing will cost upwards of $900 if done at RSC - you might want to factor that cost in when making a decision between the two.

Comment

Will be a very good buy if you can find a F-series and above selling at below $6k.

Originally posted by riyute View Post
            Thanks bros here! Sharing all the valuable info.. Almost kena a "sharp knife"lol..
            Appreciate it tons!

Comment

After 2008 all new subs are ceramic bezel right? Should not have 16610 unless NOS. Pricing for ceramic vs old bezel is diff also.

Comment

what the diff between ceramic and non ceramic bezel?

Comment

whats the diff between ceramic and non ceramic bezel?

Comment

Originally posted by gri13
                    one is ceramic, the other is non-ceramic
                    I mean functionally whats the diff?

Comment

The 16610s bezel inserts were aluminum and 116610s are ceramic "cerachrom" bezel.

Cerachrom is Rolex’s patented proprietary system for creating their own ceramic.
                      Suppose to be scratch resistance and will color not fade.
                      No more ghost effects of the old bezel.

Comment

Originally posted by cranthir View Post
                        whats the diff between ceramic and non ceramic bezel?
                        Other than the properties, the main issue is Price, the ceramic version is much more expensive to replace if needed.

Comment

Ceramic is more scratch resistance while the old one is not...however like what jhquek has highlighted the finish is different so you may and may not like it. Nowadays all watches are moving to ceramic bezel liaoz..it is brittle though..meaning to say hard knock may crack den ho seh!

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I think I cant start threads yet.

Am going to consider buying rolex from this forum as there are many guys selling and with good feedback.
                            But Is it common practice to pay small token down payments before seeing the watch? Even for reputable sellers here?
                            And what kind of action can I actually take to protect myself against fake watch sellers. Could I actually go to the police?
                            As sellers lately refuse to wait for RSC verification time, and instead bring to third party to authenticate.
                            Thanks!

Comment

I won't pay a single cent until i have decide and confirm want to deal. You can check with the seller before meeting up. If you want to pay him a little token for compensation his time and transportation in case you don't want to deal, think he won't mind too.
                              The most common practices to protect yourself are to buy from a good reliable seller and send the watch to RSC for verification before paying the money. After the payment if anything really goes wrong even you go to the police also will have a hard time and many hassles to get back your money.
                              You are the buyer paying the money so you can insist for RSC. If the seller can't wait or insist 3rd party. You can always go look for another seller willing to.

We can't start a thread but we can do a search. Other than what you want to know there are plenty of good information too.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X