Sub C bezel issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub C bezel issues

Anybody had this problem before ? Seems 116610 bezel drops off easily ?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=323107

Quote from forum :

" Wow...starting to lose the faith here! Last night, while at dinner looked down and to my complete shock and amazement, my 116610 LN was missing it's bezel.

Only about 30 minutes prior, I had used the bezel to time the duration from which we ordered to when the food arrived, as it was so busy we were nervous our order would be lost in the shuffle and or take way longer to get than is reasonable.

Either way, it arrived in fair time, and we were eating when I realized my bezel was gone. Shocked, and amazed, as I've only owned this watch for a few months, and it still had full stickers when I purchased from a Trusted Seller (in which I have done many transaction with). Either way, the watch is still in the honeymoon phase, and hasn't take a good whack on even a door frame yet.

Now, if you've ever read any of my previous posts about the abuse I have put my 16610's through over the years, (Sledgehammering, Jack hammering, Diving in excess of 100 feet, smacking it countless times into door frames etc. where I thought "no way it survives that hit without needing repair!", but without fail, my 16610's just didn't fail.

I love the look of the Ceramic Sub's, but this is not acceptable by any measure. The good news is I looked down on the ground, and saw that it had rolled about 7 feet away under a now empty table!

Plus, it wasn't the insert that fell off, but the whole frickin' bezel! Additionally, even though the watch was really brand new, it's warranty was up about 3 months ago, so not sure exactly sure how that conversation is going to go, especially after having done a search and reading a thread in which Rolex service center had insisted on servicing the whole watch and also claimed the bezel ring was bent and needed to be replaced! That OP had to put up a fight, in which if I understood, Rolex eventually caved a bit! .........."
    Honesty.....

Sad to heard that it actually happened on your Sub C ....nevertheless I believe RSC will do their best to ensure that you sub C will be in tip top condition again.
    My Current Collection :
    Rolex Submariner 116610LN
    Rolex Submariner 116610LV aka Hulk
    Rolex Airking 14000
    Panerai Submersible Special Edition 364
    Panerai Luminor 112
    Omega speed master moonwatch 3570.50
    Tissot Visodate

Sold and regretted since then
    Rolex Submariner 16610
    Rolex GMT 116710LN
    Rolex Explorer 16570 ( Polar)
    Tudor heritage Black Bay
    Omega speed master moonwatch 3873.50
    Omega speed master pre-moon C321
    Panerai Submersible 24

Comment

does it happen only to Sub C?
      how about other models like GMT, DSSD?

Comment

I think as long as it's the newer design of the rotating bezel, it might face this issue, may it be Rolex or Tudor

Recently I sent in my Pelagos for a free play issue... initially they keep talking about a "fastening washer" being possibly the only thing that will create a free play, and the watchmaker said if the fastening washer was to fail, the bezel would fall off immediately

The ball bearings and uni directional stopper (or whatever it should be named) are all supported by springs (exerting outward/upward force)... so I guess there is nothing else holding down the 500+ dollar bezel... and I believe that said washer will wear and tear in times to come.... so I wonder what RSC will charge you years down the road....

Comment

I dropped my SubC once on concrete and it was fine... Maybe it's just some QC issue?
          "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
            I dropped my SubC once on concrete and it was fine... Maybe it's just some QC issue?
            Value also drop liao haha--------

Comment

Originally posted by clocking View Post
              Value also drop liao haha--------
              Not for sale. HAHAHAHA
              "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

yeah, just wondering if Rolex QC standard dropping or not, especially with the new ceramic bezels . Hope not...
                Honesty.....

Comment

Originally posted by conservative View Post
                  yeah, just wondering if Rolex QC standard dropping or not, especially with the new ceramic bezels . Hope not...
                  Not fix yet?

Comment

I drop mine within 2 week due to loose pin. Bring to Rolex centre, was told need to double lock. Bezel was intact.

Comment

oh, actually it happened to someone else but wondering if its a problem.

Still deciding though, hope its not too common problem.
                      Honesty.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X