No announcement yet.

Local AD and oversea AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first post! been reading alot recently as i am planning to get 1 rollie soon!

am confused about the overseas AD selling to grey dealer then we buy from grey dealer... how does the warranty works then?
    grey dealer buy from overseas AD , warranty of the watch should start already?
    then we buy from grey dealer here... the warranty won't be full 2 years?

or did i understand something wrongly?

Comment

That why to be fair watches from oversea AD will be slightly cheaper in grey market.

Originally posted by giggss View Post
      first post! been reading alot recently as i am planning to get 1 rollie soon!

am confused about the overseas AD selling to grey dealer then we buy from grey dealer... how does the warranty works then?
      grey dealer buy from overseas AD , warranty of the watch should start already?
      then we buy from grey dealer here... the warranty won't be full 2 years?

or did i understand something wrongly?

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen81 View Post
        That why to be fair watches from oversea AD will be slightly cheaper in grey market.
        hmmm so grey dealers' overseas set warranty will not be full 2 years based on MY date of purchase? I'm unsure.. maybe some grey dealer can offer that? anyone can shed any light on warranty dates for overseas set from grey dealer?

Comment

hmmm so grey dealers' overseas set warranty will not be full 2 years based on MY date of purchase? I'm unsure.. maybe some grey dealer can offer that? anyone can shed any light on warranty dates for overseas set from grey dealer?

Comment

Some sellers sell undated warranty card which can still have full 2 yrs warranty.

Originally posted by giggss View Post

Comment

Some sellers sell undated warranty card which can still have full 2 yrs warranty.
              ok, that's what i thought too.. thanks for clarifying my doubts!
              cheers!

hunting for my first rollie now!

Comment

If u google meaning of gray dealers these are not authorised dealers and they don't provide u with the warranty from the manufacturers. Anything wrong with the watch, u send back to the gray dealer u bought from. But if u buy from overseas AD, they are the authorised dealers of the manufacturers and provide u with the 2 yrs international warranty. Anything wrong with your watch eg Rolex, u can bring to RSC in SG and they will service it. So lets not confused gray dealers with overseas AD, they are not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by et628 View Post
                  If u google meaning of gray dealers these are not authorised dealers and they don't provide u with the warranty from the manufacturers. Anything wrong with the watch, u send back to the gray dealer u bought from. But if u buy from overseas AD, they are the authorised dealers of the manufacturers and provide u with the 2 yrs international warranty. Anything wrong with your watch eg Rolex, u can bring to RSC in SG and they will service it. So lets not confused gray dealers with overseas AD, they are not the same.
                  I think rolex do not offer dealership to any gray dealers. The gray units we always find for sales are actually watches from EU AD. Because of the recession and VAT deduction from EU. Sellers are able to bring in and sell them for a small profit. They are still AD sets from EU.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X