Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rolex DSSD or Explorer 2

which is better.

in term of wearing comfort, resale, presentation.

need some feedback.

I have a 6.5inch wrist.

will Dssd be too thick??

thanks all.

Get both

On a serious note, they are quite different

1. Comfort - Explorer II has a flatter caseback, making it riding lower than DSSD. However, DSSD with the superb glidelock will provide a more comfortable fit on your wrist. This greatly depends on your wrist shape, and how you like to wear your watch. If you like to wear it super loose, DSSD will not be comfortable due to the weight. Try both.

2. Resale - Never consider this.

3. Presentation - Personally I find Explorer II to be more dressy than DSSD, esp with a nice leather strap. And the white dial makes it "pop" more, though the cyclops is kind of uncle.

just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by kee View Post
      which is better.

in term of wearing comfort, resale, presentation.

need some feedback.

I have a 6.5inch wrist.

will Dssd be too thick??

thanks all.
      Very strange that you ask about DSSD. Didn't you just trade away one days ago?
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
        Very strange that you ask about DSSD. Didn't you just trade away one days ago?
        good observation
        TS short selling?

Comment

Originally posted by gmt8300 View Post
          good observation
          TS short selling?
          didn't notice that.. /..\

Comment

that dssd is my friend one..

I wanna buy 1 for myself.. so I am chosing between dssd or exp2.. only can afford 1..

Comment

Dssd

Comment

exp

Comment

You really have to try it them on, they wear very differently.

Wearability : Even with 7.5 inch wrist I find DSSD uncomfortable and top-heavy. Bracelet doesnt match the head.

Price : If you go with Exp 2, you will have leftover for holiday in Europe, or even another watch.

Resale : Not important at all unless youre in the trade, to me its meaningless.

Presentation : Want macho look then go for the diver.

For me personally, as a diving watch, DSSD is maybe OK and functional in the water, but on land its a bit hard to wear.
                  Honesty.....

Comment

hi
                    thanks for the feedback.. its true that I can go for a short holiday with the balance cash if I chose the Exp2.

my heart is 60% on the Exp2 becus of the cost and size.

DSSD seem very thick. but it is indeed a nice and macho watch. ppl from far will know its a DSSD.

I try my friend dssd. indeed is it top heavy.. but I cannot justified by just wearing it for few minutes.

maybe long term wearing is really uncomfortable especially during hot day.

I usually don't like to slide anything around as it will scratch the bracelet.. heart pain. once set then I will leave it.

half half.. cannot make by my mind

Comment

Must it be a Rolex?

Explorer II and DSSD have very different looks... I started with divers, and I grow to love the Explorer II more and more as that watch wasn't stunning on photo, but as time passes, it's growing on me

Maybe to help your decision a little bit:

I am need to sell all my watches and can keep only one, that could be the Explorer II

good luck!

Comment

yes.. must be a rolex. haha everybody need a rolex at least..

ur opinion is very useful in making my decision. haha

from your avatar I saw you wearing the DSSD. how is it after few hours of wearing?? will it tend to get ding easier as it is so thick

Comment

I only noticed the first scratch/ding... The rest just come naturally

I can wear it full day, including sleeping, without much issue as I am used to the weight

Squeezing it under tight sleeve is really a issue but since I seldom wear shirts, this is not an issue

Sometimes after switching back to the DSSD, I actually miss the weight!

Similar theory to have a metal screwback gshock as they are heavier and felt more solid

Either watch is awesome really

Comment

hmm

but u prefer exp2??

haha. how often u wear ur dssd compare to exp2

Comment

Depends on mood really.. Haha

Usually I will give each one a full week then will start to rotate

Honestly one reason I might wear the Explorer II more often is due to the lack of quick set date... You have to wind the hour hand so many rounds just to set the date.......

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X