Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SARU vs SARU wannabe [white gold]

will you buy a SARU wannabe (modified)?
    price for wannabe will be like almost 5 times cheaper.

eg, SARU V-series $72000 vs SARU wannabe $14400

specs for SARU wannabe:
    1) second needle change from green to silver
    2) frame of watch into diamonds.
    3) bezel of course into half blue & red & diamonds.

things to consider..
    1) this watch may not have a general market resale value, as its modified.
    2) will it be easy to sell off if 1 fine day you wan to replace with a genuine SARU
    diamond & sapphire glass are NOT friends!!

I think no point changing the second hand needle to silver, people are probably not gonna notice that.

1 thing, you cannot bring to Rolex Service Centre for verification or servicing and must have it done at the professional watch repair guys outside, if you are not comfortable. This is not for you

I think in today's standard...it isn't too hard to find another person who will appreciate this watch. Unlike last time when you had to walk from shops to shop and they will degrade your watch as if it was worthless and still try to buy from you.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

will take noted.

Comment

For me personally think if really got the cash then get the real deal instead of modified it. Firstly the value will be there secondly if wanna send for servicing oso easier thirdly can the shop that modified ur watch be trusted n lastly when ppl ask u isit a real saru or modified n what will u say? No offend because i got frenz mod the watch just wanted to show off but infact it isnt the real deal saru but trying to bluff the way thru ending up got exposed.

Comment

actually I do not know about his as a SARU, 1st saw it is already modified and like the design.
          then afterwhich I realised its modified to imitate SARU.. that's y I didn't buy it..
          hehee...
          when 1st saw it I thought its only change of bezel and change of the frame.

Comment

Oh ic. But i advise dont go for mod watch. Safer too although is 10k plus but rather u spend on original one better so at least wanna resell oso easier. As for saru is really too ex if getting one u can get 2 or 3 full gold daytona. Maybe some watch r just meant to admire better. Hahaa

Comment

I would take a modified one, as Cartier modified setting with diamonds are about same price. However rolex is easier to dispose.
              Saru wannabe u can dispose min 10-12k, 3-5k losses. As pple can only buy a daytona at 12k, for same price. Would you op for something different, even if its mod.? Unlike the real saru, not many can afford 62k price tag and u lose 10k. If u sell to watch shop, prepare to go down to 50k. 22k losses.
              It's like properties, high end and mass market entries. Which is easier to sell at min losses?

Comment

Overseas mod saru is around 18k+, without the addition taxes freight and blar blar blar. 14.4k is cheap. Mod cost should be there about, I would opt for it, than an basic entry ap. common
                who will know if its a mod,if its full mod-up unless they bring down tools to open it up? Will u allow this?
                And it's only the sore losers in life would do all these, and pple who are able to earn and of higher status. can't be bothered by it as they are living the high life and focusing on career and business. Their time is for business talk,no time to gossip about others watch.

ps: my time is generating bigger ticket or income, no time to gossip a frd's is a real rolex pro-hunter or pvd full mod-up?
                Last edited by jwong71; 28-10-13, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X