X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting GMTIIc in Switzerland or Hongkong

Hi All Snr,

Newbie here.

Just like to check whether is it cheaper to get a GMTIIc in Switzerland or Hong Kong compare to SG?
    Anyone know what is the price different?

Kindly advise... TIA.

Just back from Hong Kong on Saturday. Understand that Hong Kong is selling GMT Master II at hkd 58,000.
    Any idea how much it will cost in Swiss?

Comment

Swiss is alr cheaper by 8% due to vat refund n hk is tax free so alr cheaper by 7%. For pricing wise swiss might be cheaper as for hk try to get in the airport when ur returning back.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshuasjw View Post
        Swiss is alr cheaper by 8% due to vat refund n hk is tax free so alr cheaper by 7%. For pricing wise swiss might be cheaper as for hk try to get in the airport when ur returning back.
        Switzerland and other Europe countries like Italy typical VAT refund is 12%. From my last trip to Italy, a friend of mine bought the Milgauss in Italy and after refund, estimated savings is about 14% from SG retail price. I believe part of the reason was also a weaker Euro currency then. Most of the time I believe the savings should be at least 12% though. If bought in HK, I believe the savings about 7-8%.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Any idea what is the price of GMTIIc in Switzerland now?

Comment

Originally posted by benade View Post
            Thanks for your reply.

Any idea what is the price of GMTIIc in Switzerland now?
            CHF 8100 before VAT refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Damienic View Post
              Switzerland and other Europe countries like Italy typical VAT refund is 12%. From my last trip to Italy, a friend of mine bought the Milgauss in Italy and after refund, estimated savings is about 14% from SG retail price. I believe part of the reason was also a weaker Euro currency then. Most of the time I believe the savings should be at least 12% though. If bought in HK, I believe the savings about 7-8%.
              Because my cousin just came back ytd from swiss n told was 8% vat refund. Herself oso got a sub nd from there

Comment

why buy from hk airport?
                elusive

Comment

Because my cousin just came back ytd from swiss n told was 8% vat refund. Herself oso got a sub nd from there
                  Hmm, that is strange, which means buying it in Italy is cheaper than in Switzerland?

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                    why buy from hk airport?
                    Because when im in hk during end of august was planning to grab my blue sub tt n most of the places i ask is much more ex then sg when retail is 17560. In mongkok, central or tsim tsai tsui most of the ad or rolex boutique quoted is above the retail n the most expensive was quoted 18800 sgd till when im at the departure hall returning to sg went to the 2 storey rolex boutique to ask for the one last time, guess what the price quoted is 15500. So u see the big differences plus is before discount.

Comment

Hmm, that is strange, which means buying it in Italy is cheaper than in Switzerland?
                      For this im not too sure. But can cfm is 8% vat n the ad there only give my cousin 2% discount. She pay 6580chf for the sub nd. So u can do the calculation.

Comment

For this im not too sure. But can cfm is 8% vat n the ad there only give my cousin 2% discount. She pay 6580chf for the sub nd. So u can do the calculation.
                        So it seems Italy is cheaper. I always thought being in country of manufacture would be cheaper. Seems like is not the case. My friend bought the Milgauss in Venice and paid around S$8800 or so after VAT refund and after currency conversion. It is definitely more than 12% cheaper in his case.

Comment

Thanks for all the value information.

I just came across some information from trip adviser that someone comment buying a Rolex in Switzerland is more expensive than in SG.

Anyone can verified on this?

Comment

I am going to quote Alpino from Rolex Forum. And while I can't vouch for the total accuracy of the chart I can vouch that Japan is one of the cheapest if not the cheapest to buy a sub since I just got my sub there. So HK may be a better bet as compared to Swiss.

Originally posted by Alpino

The following chart shows you the prices of Sub and GMT models in various countries, converted in US dollars from their actual list prices in those countries.

Knowing that all these prices are accounted tax included except in the US and Canada (tax % indicated in line 3), you'll see that the best place to buy a Rolex actually is Japan followed by HongKong.

Comment

Italy is probably one of the best place to buy a Rolex. Depending on the value of the watch, u can get a VAT rebate as high as 20+%!

So it seems Italy is cheaper. I always thought being in country of manufacture would be cheaper. Seems like is not the case. My friend bought the Milgauss in Venice and paid around S$8800 or so after VAT refund and after currency conversion. It is definitely more than 12% cheaper in his case.
                              sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X