No announcement yet.

Need advice - buying deep sea dssd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Er, actually I was offered the deep sea at quite a good discount at THG Raffles Hotel in December. Saving for the eve rose daytona so I didn't take the offer up. Try again, fellas.

Comment

i bought my BNIB DSSD from a grey dealer in tokyo while on vacation there last month. paid about $10,600 after tax rebate and currency conversion. yen is pretty weak against SGD at the moment. the watch was sourced from a Greece AD as indicated on the warranty card. looking at our local grey dealer prices for BNIB, the profit margin should be pretty good. i could even resell my piece and get few hundred profit if i wanted to. i did inquire from THG taka branch over the phone last month and i was quoted 10% off the $15,800 list price.

Comment

Paid $13600 nett from local AD 2 weeks ago

Comment

Hi jamb,

Ur offer was good
          But how u vet the set and how u different that is from Greece ????

Comment

Originally posted by Imperio View Post
            Hi jamb,

Ur offer was good
            But how u vet the set and how u different that is from Greece ????
            Hi Imperio,

When you buy from grey market, it's more important to vet the dealer than the watch itself. I did my research by joining the international rolex forum and started asking questions about established dealers in Tokyo. I short listed a few shops based on feedback from expats and travellers who have bought from them. Then decide which one has the best price. All established dealers have websites with published prices.

I also studied the various authenticity marks that differentiate a real watch from replica. But this is not fool proof since even replica can achieve things like the laser etched coronet. First hand reputation of the dealer is still your safest bet.

The warranty card will show clearly the name and country of the AD that the watch was sourced from.

Hope the info is helpful.

Comment

Hi jamb,

Thanks for your detailed info.

I will do more r&d before plunge in...

If you do have some of the info and cAre to share with me I the detail that you have do pm me.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Imperio View Post
                Hi jamb,

Thanks for your detailed info.

I will do more r&d before plunge in...

If you do have some of the info and cAre to share with me I the detail that you have do pm me.

Thanks.
                no problem i will PM you some additional info.

Comment

Got it .

Thanks sir

Comment

Was quoted 10% disc for dssd .. List is 15780

Comment

Toady went to thg n query n cc....
                      They mention If u are a repeater buyer of thg u will get slightly better discount...
                      Wonder if anyone is the thg client so we can benefit from more discount....

Was quote deepsea at more than 10%...

Anyone got same experience n what u will do....

Care to share.

Comment

I got my before cny at THG for $14k. Not sure if the discount is good though.

Comment

Wearing such a chunky watch may not be suitable if you are wearing a long sleeve shirt since you are unable to button up your sleeve

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X