Did I pay more for GMT II Batman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I pay more for GMT II Batman?

I just bought the new GMT 2 Batman from Buchurer here in Switzerland. Hesitated for a long time because I am going Austria and Germany too so don't know if buying there is better. I bought a DJ for my wife last year and before that I asked around in Italy, Switzerland, Paris, Amsterdam and Belgium. All quoted about $13,500 plus after tax rebate. In the end I got it in Singapore for only $12,700! This time round I checked around the prices in the ADs in Singapore before deciding whether to buy the new GMT abroad. Those with stocks all quoted above retail price of $11,670, although some members here claimed that they knew some ADs who have stocks and offering a lower price. I know Switzerland tax rebate is only 8%. But one thing good here is that you can pay the nett price after rebate and actually the retail price in Switzerland is slightly lower than the rest, except that they are too strict with price control. If buy in other countries, although tax refund is more, but most likely retail price slightly higher when calculated in SGD, plus I will have to pay the original price first, and tax refund to me later, so if pay with credit card will have lousy exchange rate, get back refund also lousy exchange rate, so it's like ganna 2 times the "costs". So it's like not a big difference in the end. If buy in future scarly price increase due to adjustment? Even if by then ADs can give discount won't be a lot I think since sports model normally lesser discount.

So end up I decided to buy it also as a form of momento for my Switzerland trip. Actually it was supposed to be around $10,781 in SGD but because I paid a portion of it in credit card and the exchange rate they charged was very Jia lat end up the SGD I paid was about $11,060 nett. About $600 less the retail price, not taking the rebates that I get from my credit card into consideration. What do u think of the price that I paid for it?

I saw someone selling $11K here bnib.

Comment

Since already bought and you did mention as a form of momento, just "enjoy" the watch.
      Breitling Colt Quartz
      Chopard Millie Miglia
      Rolex Submariner 14060M
      JLC Master Control
      Rolex Daytona TT "Blue Arab"
      PAM 371 N Luminor Submersible GMT Regatta LE 500
      Helson 45mm Bronze Shark Diver
      Steinhart OCEAN One Premium Blue
      Seiko SRP605K1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

Considered Reasonable price lah bro

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

If you are just buying 1 pc to wear, ..... . (Not for profit gaining.)

Just enjoy wearing it and forget about the price you had paid. Life will be easier.

Definatelly there will be price different, cos by other factors eg. operating cost, servives, taxes, currancy rate and ect.

Less than 8-10% different I think is ok. This is a business, the AD or Seller need to servive.

If buy back from overseas, what happen custom kenna GST ???

Just enjoy wearing it, don`t make life so difficult.

Life Can Be Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenon2 View Post
            Since already bought and you did mention as a form of momento, just "enjoy" the watch.

Comment

Thks guys. Anyway Bucherer gave me a small Rolex pouch as gift lah. Got 4 Rolex teaspoons from them too...better than nothing...lol...well at least at this point of time having a discount on a new model is considered worth it. Hopefully they will push up the prices soon...wahahaha...

Comment

After buying, don't really think about the price. Just enjoy the watch.

Comment

yes, don't look back, in life, win some, lose some, just enjoy the watch!
                  elusive

Comment

Its a good price to pay... plus its credit card. So its ok..

Comment

Just enjoy it in good health

Don't need to care what we think of the price you paid, whatever we think won't change the price you have already paid nor the watch itself!

Comment

if you factor in cc promo(not cash rebate), rolex in swiss is slightly more exp than sg

on the bright side, the watch is register under your name and not the hour glass, etc

Comment

Just enjoy your new purchase, no point dwelling on the prices liao

Comment

I bought in July from a Singapore AD for 11670.
                            Got 3% back in hotel stay and $200 from credit card. So, u are better.
                            Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
                            Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
                            Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
                            Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
                            Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
                            Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
                            Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
                            Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
                            Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
                            Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

price is reasonable...
                              at least u get the privilege of going to switzerland and walking of from AD not empty handed

next time when u charge to ur cc, don't convert it to SGD on the spot. Just tell them to use their currency, and lets the card convert for u. normally it's cheaper rate...

when i was in australia, when they asked me which currency i want to use. if i use SGD, conversion rate is 1.26. In the end i use AUD conversion rate was 1.19

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X