Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I buy new Bracelet for my old DJ 16233?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I buy new Bracelet for my old DJ 16233?

Hi, I have a DJ 16233, which has a 36mm diameter dial. I always have this tought of exchanging my original bracelet with the new solid link TT bracelet. I don't like the hollow link bracelet that came with it.

Can I buy one from RSC or any Dealers for this matter. And fit the new bracelet onto my 15 years old DJ 16233.

Any advice is appreciated.

i don't think RSC singapore will sell you a super jubilee without a matching (116xxxx) head.

further, it won't seat properly as your case does not have the notch required for SELs.

you may be able to attach and wear it on your wrist but it is probably not a perfect fit.

why not sell and buy a newer watch instead of mixing and matching? the newer datejusts (36mm) wear bigger because of the stout lugs and they are also true to size.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Hi taxico,

Selling off my 16233 wasn't an option as it acquires sentimental values. I don't like wearing it however is because of the hollow links. I knew that it will be lengthen and become loose after I wear it extensively. That is the main reason I wanted the hollow links to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by RolexSunday View Post
        Selling off my 16233 wasn't an option as it acquires sentimental values. I don't like wearing it however is because of the hollow links. I knew that it will be lengthen and become loose after I wear it extensively. That is the main reason I wanted the hollow links to be replaced.
        the hollow D-shaped links on your watch won't lengthen too much - the older oval links will. it takes quite a long time and a lot of callous (and careless) wear to stretch out a jubilee, even 18k ones.

unless you are such a person, i wouldn't worry about it and just wear and wash it regularly.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Can try Amazon or eBay, you might get lucky in looking for an original bracelet. But the SEL type bracelet won't fit the 16233 watch head properly.

Comment

you can buy an original bracelet from RSC without the watch... at least the last time i checked (mid 2012), i could do so.

the prices online are better though.

Comment

Originally posted by kenn18 View Post
              Can try Amazon or eBay, you might get lucky in looking for an original bracelet. But the SEL type bracelet won't fit the 16233 watch head properly.
              Would fit properly as in the watch head will easily fell off, or aesthetically not pleasing.

Comment

the head won't fall off unless you're using ill-fitting or damaged spring bars.

whether it looks good or not... this is subjective. i know many people who wear incorrect bracelets on their watches and they have no problems with how it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                  the head won't fall off unless you're using ill-fitting or damaged spring bars.

whether it looks good or not... this is subjective. i know many people who wear incorrect bracelets on their watches and they have no problems with how it looks.
                  Thanks, I will give it a try when I have a change.

BTW, any idea on the price of Rolex solid TT bracelet. The SELs or super Jubilee ?? The one that you cannot see the buckle but only the rolex crown which is visible, which is also where you open the clasp.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X