• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on jubilee dial

Hi bro,

Just out of curiosity,
    (a) why is this dial considered rare?
    (b) why does this watch command such a premium over other preowned ladies' datejust.

Originally posted by antibullsheeter View Post
    Hi bro,

Just out of curiosity,
    (b) why does this watch command such a premium over other preowned ladies' datejust.

Hi Bro,

a) Rare, considered it's a computerised dial compared to plain ones.
    b) Maybe you are looking at older models with pinholes which is cheaper in the mkt.

Regards,
    Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by horologyfanatic View Post
      Hi Bro,

a) Rare, considered it's a computerised dial compared to plain ones.
      b) Maybe you are looking at older models with pinholes which is cheaper in the mkt.

Regards,
      Stanley
      Computerised dials in my view are not rare, they have been around for about15 years at least and and are still around; secondly, the lack of pin-holes have been around in ladies for at least 15 years, and not a worth mentioning
      a segmentation factor. Anyway, prices of ladies datejust have fallen dramatically and ah sos and sales girls are wearing them.

I wondering why a watch of such a age is commanding the price it had more
      than 10 years ago because ladies datejust is not a rare watch, and the computer dials are not rare too. Sellers have a right to offer a watch at a price they want; and but ultimately a potential buyer too has a right to hold
      the view that the seller is too high up in the stratosphere and dismiss the seller as unrealistic.

You can chose to accept this feedback positively or retort in whatever way you feel appropriate; but it is a feedback for a serious minded watch professional. We want to feel comfortable not only with your technical expertise but share a view that you do indeed offer good value for money.

Good luck in your sale.

Comment

Computerised dials in my view are not rare, they have been around for about15 years at least and and are still around; secondly, the lack of pin-holes have been around in ladies for at least 15 years, and not a worth mentioning
        a segmentation factor. Anyway, prices of ladies datejust have fallen dramatically and ah sos and sales girls are wearing them.

I wondering why a watch of such a age is commanding the price it had more
        than 10 years ago because ladies datejust is not a rare watch, and the computer dials are not rare too. Sellers have a right to offer a watch at a price they want; and but ultimately a potential buyer too has a right to hold
        the view that the seller is too high up in the stratosphere and dismiss the seller as unrealistic.

You can chose to accept this feedback positively or retort in whatever way you feel appropriate; but it is a feedback for a serious minded watch professional. We want to feel comfortable not only with your technical expertise but share a view that you do indeed offer good value for money.

Good luck in your sale.
        Hi Bro,

I believe that every individual have their own perception on different models. I consider the computerised dial rare cos I see more of the plain colour ones in the mkt, you might wanna do some research on this. Definitely one with pinhole & one without pinhole differs in price, you can just question any dealer you are fimiliar with & this applies to all the models, whether it's datejust or a sports model. You might think that ah sos & salesgirls are wearing them but a lot people are still buying them for various purposes, wedding gifts, x'mas gifts, etc. Are prices of datejusts falling??? I've sold a few of them this year.

Just some of my personal comments.

Regards,
        Stanley

Comment

The dial is indeed Rare lah! "Inverted 6" hehehe.....

Comment

Hi bro,

Just out of curiosity,

I would classify this as less common instead of rare. It's not too common in the preowned market..somehow,maybe because no 1 wants to sell? Haha

But I would prefer it compared to the plain dial 1s. Why premium? Hmm by right there shouldn't be premium over it...well unless the dealer that u saw selling wants to chop a bigger carrot head

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

all is blood suckers .
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X