Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datejust Meteorite Dial with Diamond

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to get my 1st Rollie... And was bedazzled by the choices avail for the Meteorite dial. Please let me have your opinions.

Diamond Bezel on Oyster Bracelet vs Fluted Bezel on Jubillee Bracelet

Diamond Bezel on Oyster Bracelet vs Diamond Bezel on Jubillee Bracelet

Diamond Bezel on Oyster Bracelet (My current, however, I prefer the clasp on the Jubillee)

Diamond Bezel on Jubillee Bracelet (I find the jubillee bracelet rather "busy" in this combi)

Fluted Bezel on Jubillee Bracelet (I find the jubillee bracelet rather "busy" in this combi)

Fluted Bezel on Jubillee Bracelet from afar (I find it a little too "white")

Fluted Bezel on TT RG Jubillee Bracelet (26mm)

I will vote for fluted bezel, bcos I find the diamond bezel too complex. Well, unless you are a diamond lover, then go for the diamond bezel.

Comment

It's personal preference. Therefore, I would suggest you ask yourself what you like most. I'll go for the diamond bezel.

Comment

I'm not sure if those watches you have shown are in 'boy-size' (3?mm) or ladies' (26mm). If it's the former, I prefer it on oyster and if it's the latter, then jubilee is nicer. I feel that the design of the jubilee bracelet caters more to small and delicate watches; lady/woman-like. Nice . If it gets bigger/coarser, then it would not look appropriate. Rather, the oyster bracelet will be a more suitable choice for a larger watch design.

As for the "starry-starry night" (ok, I mean diamonds), it has to be your choice already. I'm not really into precious stones and will prefer to see it lesser on a timepiece.

Good luck
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

im a sucker for the jubilee bracelet... very very nice!! as far as i know, meteorite in datejust was only in the ladies size (26mm).

if they had the meteorite dial in 36mm, i would still have my datejust today. but since they dont, im now looking for meteorite daytona 116509
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hi everyone,

All are 31mm Datejust (Boysize) except the last photo (26mm w rosegold).

I also think Jubillee looks nicer on smaller size (26mm). When put on a 31mm, it look rather "busy" with the Meteorite Dial.

Girls usually like bling blings... It's a $7k difference for a Diamond Bezel!!!

Somewhat I came across the meteorite dial while doing my reseach online and decided to popby the ADs to check them out. Wasn't convenice with the Fluted Jubillee combi during my 1st encounter. Then it was the bling bezel on oyster that made my eyes opened... then I continue to hop around to see look and the combi is making me see stars...

Woman very mafan one... I like the clasp on the jubillee and not oyster (cos very man). But the bracelet look nicer with the Oyster than Jubillee... Grrr....

The perfect combi will be in Pearlmaster bracelet. But I'm sure that'll be super exp. Anyone knows how much will meteorite dial cost on a simple pearlmaster bracelet? Pearlmaster doesn't come in SS ya? That's why they are not exp right? Thanks for all your feedbacks... I'll have to be very thickskin to walk in those AD again and again until the feel is right...

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              im a sucker for the jubilee bracelet... very very nice!! as far as i know, meteorite in datejust was only in the ladies size (26mm).

if they had the meteorite dial in 36mm, i would still have my datejust today. but since they dont, im now looking for meteorite daytona 116509
              Bro, i saw Meteorite dial combination for 36mm DJ at the display of Lee Chay watch the other time with my father.
              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

have you seen the new gold crystal dial looks pretty good in tone tone with diamond bezel, but yet to see the acutal pcs.
                Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Oh by the way, does anyone own a diamond bezel here? Can share your experience with day to day wear? Whether diamond will drop or not (I'm a little reckless with my jewerlery sometimes...)? Where do you polish them and how often? Will algae grow between the claws of the diamond bezel since it can get in contact with water when we wash our hands? Sorry for my lorry of questions... I don't want to end up having a not blinging diamond bezel down the road...

I have not wear any watch for many years already and this one that I'm purchasing should be on me at least a few days in a week (might not be everyday).

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                    Bro, i saw Meteorite dial combination for 36mm DJ at the display of Lee Chay watch the other time with my father.
                    really? must go back fast hand fast leg go and see. maybe year end just after i go do lasik

since price of wg daytona too steep , the next best thing is buy meteorite dj
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

It will be a very eye-catching bling. You do not have to worry about algae because a $200 dry box for storing dslr lens will solve your problem. I bought myself a dry box to store my dslr, watches and leather products.

Comment

Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
                        have you seen the new gold crystal dial looks pretty good in tone tone with diamond bezel, but yet to see the acutal pcs.
                        Hi MsLucifer, U mean this one? I don't find it nice...

Comment

Am contemplating between MOP & Meteorite... Was initially eyeing on 26mm black MOP w diamond dial, two-tone...

This one look nice wo much bling and might be more practical for semi-daily wear? Scared too bling later ganna rob...

MOP w Diamond on VI, Rosegold 31mm

formless: I'm a lazy person, just place my stuff on the table anyhow... Even got dry box, it'll end up lying on my table... = P

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            really? must go back fast hand fast leg go and see. maybe year end just after i go do lasik

since price of wg daytona too steep , the next best thing is buy meteorite dj
                            ya, my dad and i saw the watch on the display.
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Yeah. I think it looks nice.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X