Date runs two days ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SDM View Post
    Bought a Day Date from one of the bros here. Send in the piece for full servicing after transaction at RSC. Collected on 03/03/2010. Found immediately that the date jump 2 days ahead 2 minutes after midnight. Luckily can send the piece back to RSC to be checked as under 2 year warranty as a result of the overhaul. 2 questions remained

- substandard servicing at RSC?
    - next time if buy preown, better check all the functions of the watch during inspection.
    I finally sent in my DD today to sort out the date issue. RSC told me they could not identify the problem and asked me to collect the watch 7 days later for them to do a more in depth investigation. The below is what was written in the receipt and my thoughts in brackets

- Date jumps twice a day (I already know this)
    - Dial hands scratched (This watch was collected 7 days ago after overhaul and I certainly did not open the watch to cause alleged scratches. Puzzling..)

Anyway just sort out the problem will do

Comment

A friend of mine showed me a way to check the date switch-over. This was what he did:

a. Pull the crown and adjusted the time to 1530hrs/330pm,
      b. Turn the time until it crosses 0000hrs/12am,
      c. Watch the switch-over.

When doing that, the switch-over at times jumps two days and at times, gets stuck between days. I applied the same trick on my own rollie and didn't face such a problem.

This allows me to replicate the problem to the servicing agent and hopefully from there, s/he knows how to follow up.

Hope this is of use to fellow sufferers...

Comment

Originally posted by SDM View Post
        I finally sent in my DD today to sort out the date issue. RSC told me they could not identify the problem and asked me to collect the watch 7 days later for them to do a more in depth investigation. The below is what was written in the receipt and my thoughts in brackets

- Date jumps twice a day (I already know this)
        - Dial hands scratched (This watch was collected 7 days ago after overhaul and I certainly did not open the watch to cause alleged scratches. Puzzling..)

Anyway just sort out the problem will do
        Does the date always jump twice, as in no matter which date from 1 to 31 it always jumped twice ? If so it could be the date jumper spring is loose or too much lubrication on the contact point between the spring and the date wheel. Lastly ...nvm...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X