Replacement of Sapphire Glass on my 16234

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement of Sapphire Glass on my 16234

Recently my wife has dropped my 16234, causing a chip on the side of the glass.

Any brow have latest pricing on the replacement for the sapphire glass?

How long does it take to replace and get it back?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Rofthelper View Post
    Recently my wife has dropped my 16234, causing a chip on the side of the glass.

Any brow have latest pricing on the replacement for the sapphire glass?

How long does it take to replace and get it back?

Thanks.
    If you go RSC it may take a week or even longer depending on the "queue"
    As a reference i serviced and replace my Daytona crystal at RSC in 2010. Crystal cost about $100, servicing was $950. Total before GsT was $1050.

I believe if you go somewhere else (not RSC) to get it replaced it shouldnt cost more than $150 all in (probably cheaper) and it takes about 20mins as its a simpler job for 16234.

Just remove bezel and replace crystal. Pop bezel back to position. Voila!

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
      If you go RSC it may take a week or even longer depending on the "queue"
      As a reference i serviced and replace my Daytona crystal at RSC in 2010. Crystal cost about $100, servicing was $950. Total before GsT was $1050.

I believe if you go somewhere else (not RSC) to get it replaced it shouldnt cost more than $150 all in (probably cheaper) and it takes about 20mins as its a simpler job for 16234.

Thanks bro for replying.

I have not serviced this 16234 before at RSC, only give it to my pre-owned shop for checking and service.

If I decide to bring it in to RSC for servicing this time and replacement of sapphire glass, when will I have to make the payment?

When I am notified by RSC for ready collection?

PS: I have brought it to RSC for verification and the receipt is still with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post

Bro, since you said go somewhere else to replace... Actually I am thinking of asking my pre-owned shop owner to replace for me as I think should be cheaper than RSC.

But if next time I decided to bring to RSC for servicing, will RSC refuse to take in my sapphire glass is not replaced by RSC?

Please enlighten me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rofthelper View Post
          Bro, since you said go somewhere else to replace... Actually I am thinking of asking my pre-owned shop owner to replace for me as I think should be cheaper than RSC.

But if next time I decided to bring to RSC for servicing, will RSC refuse to take in my sapphire glass is not replaced by RSC?

Please enlighten me.
          Sapphire crystals are pretty standard, they probably wont spot it.
          even so, RSC will still service it.
          But if they service it, they may insist on replacing it to original as a condition.
          They will not have Rolex leave the workshop being less than 100% Rolex.
          Thats becos they will give two years warranty upon servicing.
          That is my understanding.

Comment

Bro Trinidad, thanks.

Comment

Chuanxxx can do it 10mins but cost unknown.henry a x rollie tech.

Comment

Originally posted by gri13
                original factory installed crystal has a rolex crown laser etched on the 6 oclock position
                replacement crystal has a 'S' etched
                Yes but only for recent and current watches, not those 10yrs ago.
                My Daytona crystal was replaced by RSC in 2010. Doesnt have S etched on the crsytal.
                S represents Service.

Comment

I sent my seadweller for service yesterday.
                  Crystal is 160+ w/o GST.
                  Service is 920
                  total estimated damage is 1.2k plus with other parts replacement quoted.

Comment

got my 16600 back the replacement crystal, its with the crown engraving at 6 o clock.
                    it can be seen by shining LED light (iphone flash) into the crystal from the bezel.

Comment

2 weeks to overhaul? not bad!
                      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by jhquek View Post
                        got my 16600 back the replacement crystal, its with the crown engraving at 6 o clock.
                        it can be seen by shining LED light (iphone flash) into the crystal from the bezel.
                        That's fast!!!

I thought festive season coming RSC got a better excuse?

Comment

Indeed quite surprised. But was informed when sending in that the servicing is all done locally including water resistance testing.

Got a scenic Rolex 2014 calendar from them also.

Comment

Originally posted by jhquek View Post
                            Indeed quite surprised. But was informed when sending in that the servicing is all done locally including water resistance testing.

Got a scenic Rolex 2014 calendar from them also.
                            Where did you expect servicing to be done?
                            Switzerland?
                            It would hv cost you at least 3 times the amount if so.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X