Rolex Depreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh wow ..really?

so those 2nd hand shop willing to take back at 10% to 20% less is a much better deal?

Gosh I didn't know it's that much.
    But are you talking about 50% comparing to retail price or the actual acquired price?
    Cos retail is always higher and I noticed private seller or AD like to quote the official price but nobody actually sells at this price other than the boutiques.

Can anyone clarifies ...

Comment

I think it depends on specific models/condition of the watch but for Rolex, sport models tend to hold value better than their dress counterparts.
      Stainless Steel models in general also perform better than two tone/full gold pieces.

You will definately lose more when trying to resell a watch you bought brand new as compared to 2nd hand piece as the first owner has already taken a hit on the depreciation for you.

Comment

Thanks foe all the wise input ..
        Seems like buying used is the watch to go ..

I am new to this watch hobby.
        Generally I prefer something not worn but maybe if t's just a hobby I might as well take in the advice here and get used ones ..

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
          You might want to be more specific inorder for me to help you.
          Hope it helps.
          mmm .. i am looking at FM .. but there are so few Fm out on sales in Sg forum that it's hard for me to gauge the 2nd market price.

Comment

Originally posted by nimm12
            10% of cost... you mean 90% discount?????????????
            where to get? i will buy every FM he has

btw, rolex depreciate to 60-65% is common - and that's for sports model
            datejust model depreciate even more
            This was the quote given to the owner when he wanted to sell his FM to shop la.... If 90% discount I will not even post here already la, I will get it first before you do
            "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
              This was the quote given to the owner when he wanted to sell his FM to shop la.... If 90% discount I will not even post here already la, I will get it first before you do
              do you know which forum sells more FM watches?
              I am keen to get it .. but then I want to see how much it depreciates .. if alot then maybe I just get a 2nd hand one ..

Comment

Worst Brands for Depreciation.....

We all love watches, and buy what we like so no need to raise that topic... and we all know that Rolex is one of the best for maintaining value.

That aside what are the worst performing brands ??

My friend within an AD says HUBLOT is one of the worst if not the worst.... what you think ??

Many IWC are bad also.... are all watches the same ???
                ( i.e. New BP is what $21K.... within 3-4 years is $11-13K resale. )
                ROLEX.

Comment

most pseudo-luxury brands eg baume et mercier, raymond weil, tissot, tag, victorinox, fossil, AX, burberry, skagen, diesel, michael kors, gucci, mont blanc, etc

or anything that is quartz

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                    We all love watches, and buy what we like so no need to raise that topic... and we all know that Rolex is one of the best for maintaining value.

That aside what are the worst performing brands ??

My friend within an AD says HUBLOT is one of the worst if not the worst.... what you think ??

Many IWC are bad also.... are all watches the same ???
                    ( i.e. New BP is what $21K.... within 3-4 years is $11-13K resale. )
                    Richard mille 10 retailing at $117K and preowned is going for $45K-$49k thereabouts...

basically most if not all watches suffer a substantial depreciation.
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Not to forget U-boat & Bell & Ross as well...

Comment

B&R quite ok
                        not sure for uboat

Originally posted by isiowsg View Post
                        Not to forget U-boat & Bell & Ross as well...

Comment

Breguet, Blancpain ,Ulysse Nardin ,Vacheron Constantin , Zennith , Gerald Genta , Piaget , Parmigiani , F.P.Journe ,Franck Muller , Jaeger Le-Coultre , Jaquet-Droz ,Girard Perregaux , Graham are all casualties of substantial depreciation !

Comment

looks like rolex and panerai are among the very few brands that retain value better

Originally posted by LSL View Post
                            Breguet, Blancpain ,Ulysse Nardin ,Vacheron Constantin , Zennith , Gerald Genta , Piaget , Parmigiani , F.P.Journe ,Franck Muller , Jaeger Le-Coultre , Jaquet-Droz ,Girard Perregaux , Graham are all casualties of substantial depreciation !

Comment

Originally posted by LSL View Post
                              Yap. It is practically the whole list of luxe watches except for a small handful of brands which have lower depreciation rate, though some models of Rolex and PP appreciates in value over time, and of course assuming the buyers did not buy at sky high prices.
                              Last edited by shou.biao.kuang; 24-07-13, 02:01 PM. Reason: error

Comment

It really depends on the demand (and value assigned to) of the particular brand at that moment in time...
                                The next piece....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X