Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it matter - Age of pre-owned watches

Hi all,

I have a question on the age of pre-owned watches on the re-sale value of the watch. Assuming I have an 03, 05, 08 Rolex Daytonia or any other watches and in good well maintained condition. Assuming Daytonia is retailing $17k now, can all these 3 watches sell & fetch for the same price? Personally,I believe the older one should fetch a lower price but I enquire with one pre-owned shop seller, who said the age should not matter but I don't quite agree.

What say all of u Rolex expert & supporters out there..

Many Thanks

Originally posted by Adonai View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a question on the age of pre-owned watches on the re-sale value of the watch. Assuming I have an 03, 05, 08 Rolex Daytonia or any other watches and in good well maintained condition. Assuming Daytonia is retailing $17k now, can all these 3 watches sell & fetch for the same price? Personally,I believe the older one should fetch a lower price but I enquire with one pre-owned shop seller, who said the age should not matter but I don't quite agree.
    Many Thanks
    I think generally you are correct, but there are some exceptions e.g. an older model may have a more desired movement, dial configuration etc. Check out the Kermit, collectors are now looking for the 'Y' series, purportedly because it's the most rare/ desirable amongst the six or seven version of the Kermit out there.
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Originally posted by Adonai View Post
      Hi all,

Many Thanks
      From what I know...it does affect slightly.

Because if your watch is under 2 years old..it's still under warranty and that's the crucial part. After the 2 years....all prices are the same and next time that wil come into consideration is condition.

This is SUPPOSE rolex didnt change anything to the watch in the process...like change of movement etc...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

the price difference between a 08 and 05 will be bigger compared to a 05 and 03. then again. other factors such as demand and supply will also affect the price since u are asking about different series. then within the sports series, u have those special edition versus those normal productions. if u ask for daytona alone, then the above conditions will apply

however if you asking about other sports series, then in 08 there are 2 series produced, M and V. the v series will be more desired because it is more current. cause the V series SD is still available as of yesterday @ THG.

then if you are asking about DJ/DD then 08 05 03 production price difference may not be so great. if u are asking about TOG then i think there is even lesser difference.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

If you are asking about Daytona SS,

03 and 05, no difference, depends on its condition
          05 and 08, as darkie mentioned, 08 higher value as it is under warranty...
          00 (16520) and 08 (116520), different story again, 00 might cost more than 08 as 00 series of 16520 is the last series for 16520

Did I confuse anyone?

Comment

Many Thanks for all the reply & sharing. . Really not so straightforward siah.. But roughly do get the idea. . Cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X