Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to buy a rolex for my 30th birthday

Guys,
    Hello wonderful people! For the next four months, I will be turning 30 and would like to buy a watch which is something I can be proud of because of hardword and persistence. Anyway, I live here in Perth and we all know how expensive Australia is. I checked on some of the rolexes in perth the all look ok but i am not quite sure which one to buy: I have some in my list. I am considering buying the one with diamonds! lol
    here are the item numbers: Rolex Airking 114200 =$ 5,665
    Oyster Perpetual 116000 = $ 5905
    Date White diamond dial fluted bezel 115 324 =$9160
    101361 = $6850
    102903 = $9160

Now, I am thinking if buying in SG or HK would be cheaper if i wanna buy one these rolexes here. or maybe you guys have other suggestion. Perhaps, my budget would be $8k AUD? This is my first post and looking for help. I know the post is long but please bear with me. Hope to hear from your experts here!

the 116000 looks good with oyster bracelet and domed bezel
    dont think there is much difference between HK and SG
    if you buy from HK, there is no tax
    if you buy from SG, you should be able to get a 5-6% rebate on the taxes

Comment

Hi there ,I also live in Perth W.A - South of the riverside. Its one of the most expensive cities to live in the world. Most people need a minimum of almost A$100K to live an ordinary lifestyle.The cost of virtually everything is extremely expensive as are luxury watches. I would actually recommend a trip to Italy as the AD's there are willing to negotiate and there is a high net VAT refund. The cost of the airfare and accomodation can even be covered. As a first Rolex I would actually recommend getting a Submariner or GMT 2 C which can be obtained in Italy for around the A$7.5K mark - The last time I qot a quote from Smales in subiaco its was approaching the A$10K mark.
      All the best with your decisions.

Comment

talking about expensive cities to live in, here in singapore, A$100k ~SG$130k can get you a new citroen C3 1.4A OR a suzuki swift 1.4A with a validity period of 10years

this is excluding usage costs eg petrol, carpark fees, road tax, maintenance costs, insurance etc

Originally posted by praha335ci View Post
        Hi there ,I also live in Perth W.A - South of the riverside. Its one of the most expensive cities to live in the world. Most people need a minimum of almost A$100K to live an ordinary lifestyle.
        Last edited by skydweller_sg; 18-02-13, 12:26 PM.

Comment

hee,hee...you scaring him off....S$130K can't even buy us a HDB to start begin with..
          facebook.com/watches.jamy

Mine:
          1) Rolex Seadweller T-Series
          2) Seiko Sports Vintage
          3) Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chrono
          4) Polaris Homage
          5) Heuer Carrera
          6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
          7) Baume n Mercier
          8) Helson Skindiver
          9) Hamilton Air Race & X-Copter
          10) Longines Chrono
          11) Meistersinger
          12) Omega Triple Date
          13) Tudor Big Block Full set
          14) Revue Theomann Alarm
          15) BALL EM2 World Time
          16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

On top of HDB, you need at least S$90K+ to get a paper to own a car. IMO i think Perth not that really that expensive...

Originally posted by JAMYLIM View Post
            hee,hee...you scaring him off....S$130K can't even buy us a HDB to start begin with..

Comment

Australia has a very high tax imposed on a lot of things including watches .Income tax, compulsory medicare levy, interest charged on mortgage or finance is also extremely high. A normal decent house here around the A$700K + mark with state taxes. For a starter home a min of 450K for the outer surburbs - 30Kms out of the city centre. Perth has a really large Singaporean community and most of them actually find that its way more expensive to live here on a day to day basis compared to Singapore.Most noticeable would be the cost of food , dining out , entertainment and the ordinary basket of goods at the supermarket. Its worse for recently arrived migrants who have not obtained their professional job .

Luckily for cars its not that high compared to Singapura's but having a car is actually a necessity in Australia rather than a luxury.

Comment

Ahem! Shld not deviate from the subject ppl. No where in the world is cheap unless u r willing to live in 3rd world nations? Back to the subject on buying a rolex for 30th B'day...Well, for AUD8K~SGD10216 u can buy quite a few selection of rolex watches. For sports, u can consider the iconic Sub (no date) 114060, SS GMT-MIIc 116710LN or ExpII 216570 just to name a few? For dress/classic, u can consider the evergreen DJ 116234, Air-King 114234 with 11 diamonds set on Roman dial or Oyster Perpetual Date 115234 with 5 diamonds set on Arabic dial just to name a few? Happy shopping!

Rolex owner since 2010
                Previously owned:
                Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                Current collection:
                Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                Upcoming/Wishlist:
                "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

I think you can consider get submariner 114060.

Comment

I am think to sell my Rolex GMT 2 . PM me if you keen to explore . Cheers

Comment

116710BLNR cool and nice

Comment

this is again a very personal question. it's like: which woman should i marry?

Comment

Ya, I think it's personal preference, it's like some prefer a GMT2, others a sub, that's why they created so many difference types. At the end of the day, which do you think you like best?
                          Oh you might also want to consider preowned, it's a lot cheaper, with a good polish it will look like new.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X