Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide : Buying Rolex from Hong Kong (HK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bombom
    replied
    thinking of buying the LV. my wife recently went to HK and check after discount is 43424HKD. Should I go for it?

Leave a comment:

• PeeCeeBee
    replied
    Bring your cash and change at the DBS bank in HK. The rate is good. I tried the last time and definitely better than the roadside money changer.

Leave a comment:

• larry88
    replied
    Couple of options
    1. bring S$ with you. Once you decided on the watch and on the watch, then change the S$ to HK$. DO NOT pay the AD S$ because the exchange rate is bad. DO not go to the bank and change the money because the rate is bad, there are money changers in HK just like in SG whose rates are def better than the AD or the banks.

2. Use credit card - but downside is that they may charge you 1 or 2% fee. Not sure about what other thinks, but i reaslise that the credit card exchagne rate for HK$ is sometiems better than the money changer rate i get in Singapore. ....

It's obviously safer with #2 but downside is more expensive (the 1-2% fee).

Leave a comment:

• luohan27
    replied
    buy rolex need advice going hong kong soon...

Hi All Senior

Finally going Hong Kong purchasing my first Rolex.. ... Need to seek advise from all senior.

If I buy with cash, should I convert the Sing dollar to Hong kong dollars first and bring to Hong Kong? If decide not to buy in Hong Kong, is it stupid to convert back (lose in currency) or do the Hong Kong AD accept credit card or cheque? How you guys do it? Is it safe to bring so much cash to Hong Kong

sorry for the above question as first time bring so much cash to holiday.

Leave a comment:

• catpuke
    replied
    Originally posted by tia View Post
    Can we claim tax if buy from there?
    No tax in HK. Things are expensive enough as they are.

Leave a comment:

• tia
    replied
    Can we claim tax if buy from there?

Leave a comment:

• catpuke
    replied
    Originally posted by smun View Post
    Hi,

Any advice on the savings? I m looking at the submariner. Just ask S'pore Boutique at $8460. How much is S'pore AD compared to HK AD?

Tks in advance.
    HK AD is 47200HKD (retail price). Can't remember if it is LN or LV. Standard is 8% off.

Leave a comment:

• smun
    replied
    Hi,

Any advice on the savings? I m looking at the submariner. Just ask S'pore Boutique at $8460. How much is S'pore AD compared to HK AD?

Tks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• kentuy
    replied
    hk rolex store

try zurich in nathan road

Leave a comment:

• 116520wanabe
    replied
    Originally posted by luohan27 View Post
    Hi

Wanted to buy submariner in Singapore but is either no stock or quite expansive.

Am thinking of getting in Hong Kong while going holiday...

Can advise which shop/street to look for.... kum sia.
    almost every street with hotel can find rolex AD... try oriental watch company, one of the bigger AD in HK...

Leave a comment:

• luohan27
    replied
    buy rolex in Hong Kong

Hi

Wanted to buy submariner in Singapore but is either no stock or quite expansive.

Am thinking of getting in Hong Kong while going holiday...

Can advise which shop/street to look for.... kum sia.

Leave a comment:

• newbie09
    replied
    Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    I always thought that list prices for ROLEX watches are the same across countries? It is the discount given that varies. Is that not it?

I dun think so... Cos diff country have diff import duties charges n custom clearance fee. N HK is 1 of those free trade country. That explain the diff... Is like the same Big Mac but y diff price across the world... Just my MY$0.02 of comment.

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    I always thought that list prices for ROLEX watches are the same across countries? It is the discount given that varies. Is that not it?

Leave a comment:

• newbie09
    replied
    Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
    Suddenly... there is the urge of buying Rolex LV from HK??? Wonder why??? Why there could be discounts from HK AD and not local AD?
    Becos it is so much cheaper there... The listed price is already lower then sg then on top of that still got discount. It is cheaper to buy a LV there then buy a 16610(even grey dealer) in sg...

Leave a comment:

• breitling77
    replied
    Suddenly... there is the urge of buying Rolex LV from HK??? Wonder why??? Why there could be discounts from HK AD and not local AD?

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X