Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Sub TT or DSSD?

Hi all,

would like some opinion on which is a better watch to buy?

I already have a GMT Master 2 & Explorer 2 (White Dial), am thinking of getting 1 of the above.

DSSD has increased about $1k euro since the last revision, so the price is only less than S$1k difference from the Blue Sub TT. Is it worth getting?

Which 1 wears better and retain value well?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Cheers!!!

Am having the same dilemma. DSSD or the Rolex steel yellow gold models. If only DSSD comes in steel yellow gold!

Comment

Dssd is a different monster from the sub. U really need to try wearing it on ur risk to decide if u like the heft and weight.

"Value" retention wise, in general ss models retain their value better.
      elusive

Comment

very different models with diffent focus

TT subs depreciate more if bought new. But they are classy for any event. Can use in the pool but probably not for going out to sea cos the gold centre links are softer then steel. The Deepsea is very much a heavy duty Rolex, fit for any water sports and does not "shine" in everyday use.

Comment

So between both brand new SS and half-gold Rolex GMT, I should go fo the former? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by singTIMEANGEL View Post
            So between both brand new SS and half-gold Rolex GMT, I should go fo the former? Thanks
            Depends on what u like and what looks better. What is ur criteria when buying a watch?
            elusive

Comment

Originally posted by singTIMEANGEL View Post
              Bro, I'm asking about Deepsea and Half-gold Sub Blue dial.

Think you got the models all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                Depends on what u like and what looks better. What is ur criteria when buying a watch?
                Something that I will wear often as well as retaining value in case I want to flip it.

The retail for Blue sub TT is much more expensive but can be bought at bigger discount.

So is it worth paying $500 more only for Blue Sub TT or settle for DSSD in terms of value for money?

Comment

I'm very small size
                  When I wear the DSSD, it's like the watch is wearing me, instead of me wearing the watch.
                  I like blue sub a lot. The diamond just make it better. I prefer it as a dress watch than a dive watch.

In fact I try to avoid anything black and silver only. It's just me.
                  Go for something you like

Comment

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
                    I'm very small size
                    When I wear the DSSD, it's like the watch is wearing me, instead of me wearing the watch.
                    I like blue sub a lot. The diamond just make it better. I prefer it as a dress watch than a dive watch.

In fact I try to avoid anything black and silver only. It's just me.
                    Go for something you like
                    If I can afford, every watch I also like. Haha.....

I personally like bigger watches, had a couple of Pams and a 48mm Corum.

I like the DSSD for it's size while the Blue Sub for it's colour. Too bad it doesn't come in SS, only WG which is too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by AP-Legacy View Post
                      If I can afford, every watch I also like. Haha.....

I personally like bigger watches, had a couple of Pams and a 48mm Corum.

I like the DSSD for it's size while the Blue Sub for it's colour. Too bad it doesn't come in SS, only WG which is too expensive.
                      If your preference is for bigger watches, then the DSSD is for you. Once you wear it, the 40mm sport watches appear somewhat light-weighted.

Comment

Originally posted by R-oyster View Post
                        If your preference is for bigger watches, then the DSSD is for you. Once you wear it, the 40mm sport watches appear somewhat light-weighted.
                        But then again, I also have GMT 2 and Explorer 2.

Rolex just wears & look different on the wrist.

Comment

did you try out the dssd? not everybody wear it nicely due to the "bulky ness" of the watch. i will settle for the dssd. i will tend to flip my watch often. wont lose more compared to tt model.

Comment

But then again, I also have GMT 2 and Explorer 2.

Rolex just wears & look different on the wrist.
                            GMT2 & Subs r 40mm while ExpII is 42mm, since u hav both GMT2 & ExpII, perhaps a 44mm DSSD? TT models hav disc but they may not hold value in long run compared to SS models. The DSSD is less commonly seen among the other sports models too!

Rolex owner since 2010
                            Previously owned:
                            Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                            GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                            Current collection:
                            Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                            GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                            Upcoming/Wishlist:
                            "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Hi all,

would like some opinion on which is a better watch to buy?

I already have a GMT Master 2 & Explorer 2 (White Dial), am thinking of getting 1 of the above.

DSSD has increased about $1k euro since the last revision, so the price is only less than S$1k difference from the Blue Sub TT. Is it worth getting?

Which 1 wears better and retain value well?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Cheers!!!
                              Originally posted by blueysmurfy View Post
                              Am having the same dilemma. DSSD or the Rolex steel yellow gold models. If only DSSD comes in steel yellow gold!
                              By year 2017 the DSSD will be going for $20K ! ( Quote me on that then )
                              ROLEX.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X