Selling Watch to Preown Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psee View Post
    I prefer my watches to come with boxes & papers ...
    i second that especially if it is pre-owned.

even for vintage pieces?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Oh I'm simpler. I only go for new...
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

personally

If i wish to sell later on i will try to get for:

Older vintage timepieces
        Watch
        Paper (adds value liao)
        Box especially if they are the hard to find kind

Current sports models
        Watch
        Paper
        Boxes (can still source if you want so no probs)

DJ or daily beaters
        Watch
        A very very good discount can already
        Box and papers also no pint cos you will never use them mah...
        SRC is bad dealer !

Comment

Got of course good lah, don't have also nevermind....

Comment

Selling of your Rollies to Preowned Watch Shop?

Anyone has any experience in selling off their used rollies to any preowned watch shop in Sg? Do they offer reasonable prices?

I'm looking to trade my GMT II and EXP II to fund my next purchase (IWC BP 5004).

Thanks.
            "Z" Black Dial SS Daytona
            09 IWC BP 5004
            ------------------------------
            WTS: GMT II & EXP II

Comment

Originally posted by oasisash78 View Post
              Anyone has any experience in selling off their used rollies to any preowned watch shop in Sg? Do they offer reasonable prices?
              I'm looking to trade my GMT II and EXP II to fund my next purchase (IWC BP 5004).
              Thanks.
              why don't you consider selling them on sg-roc's rolex garage?
              you will probably get a better price (and lots of lowballs) too...
              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
              three times is enemy action and
              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
              ."

Comment

Koh Enterprise located at People's Park Centre.

Bronze Age at Chinatown Point

They are honest with the prices.

Unless your watch is a hot item otherwise, don't waste time selling at the garage. Some buyers offer even lower prices than the pre-own shops.

Comment

Yes, I did (attempt). Your term, "reasonable", is highly subjective. For example, if you bought your watch at $6k, and pre-own watch dealers/shops offer to buy from you at $3.9k-$4k (one-yr-old+full set+99% new). Is this reasonable? They will probably resell it at $5k-$5.5K. Is this "reasonable" for you? Definitely not for me. It is how much you are willing to let go. Or should I put it, how much loss you want to accept.

One way is to try and sell on your own and the online forums is one avenue. Another is a combination of both, ie shop and online. The least hassle and most loss is to conveniently sell to the shops.

Good luck!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Must think of the time used to sell this watch as well.

This is especially true for old or unpopular models, it might take a month or 2 or even longer to sell off a ....maybe 62873 with loose bracelet - no box, no paper.... on the garage. if you want to sell at $3.2K.

You bring to pre-owned shops, can get cash immediately maybe $3k. The watch dealer will service the watch and sell of at a higher price. They don't just sell the watch immediately.

The time to sell on forum, the SMS, the hassle of makings trips to meet up... etc... is not worth the $200 in my opinion

For newer and popular model, e.g Sub, SD, Explorer... it is defintiely worth the effort to sell it off on the garage because the shops take in at a very very low price and the difference can be almost 2k.

Comment

another option to consider is do it on consignment piece.

you need to discuss with watch dealer on the fees.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

if u sell privately compared to a dealer, the price difference maybe anywhere between 500-1000. safe estimate.

why? this is because it depends on

1) condition of watch
                        2) last service date
                        3) box and papers availability

do note that when u sell the watch to a second hand dealer, you get cash immediately. the dealer has a shop front, so the dealer has to make some money to cover the cost of rental & a profit for the dealer

also current market condition do not favor the watch model you have to trade/sell.

one suggestion is use the search function in advanced mode and use keywords such as

1) Explorer II or GMT II
                        2) isolate your search in the SOLD section and/or Rolex Garage section, with this, you can look and the price sold or being asked for.

do note that the price is just INDICATIVE as no one can authenticate the actual transacted price. use this as a gauge and post it here to sell for say 1 month.

if your asking price is not met, then review your pricing. if you feel that the asking price is reasonable, you may then pop by the preown shops.

before you reach the preown shops, have a price you want to sell. never tell them your asking price first. ask them to quote. move between 3-4 preown shops and you will have the price that they will trade with you.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I'm kinda doing a "research". Currently I'm in the US , will be back in Jan 10. Will posted some threads online to try and sell them off. The watches come with full boxes and certs. They are daily beaters. Hence they ought to be some fine scratches on them, nothing that a polish can remove. The GMT II is worn by my dad now, while I'm wearing the EXP II. Really tempted to buy the IWC BP now as I found a good deal on line.
                          "Z" Black Dial SS Daytona
                          09 IWC BP 5004
                          ------------------------------
                          WTS: GMT II & EXP II

Comment

You may consider trying to sell them here in the forum first and see how it responds. Read the rules on selling it here and you may get lucky .

Good luck, dude!
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Why Not check the prices that Dealers quote you and you probably advertise in online garage, advertise it little bit more above dealer's price? You sell at slight higher price, and end user buy it lower than dealer's advertising price.

my 2 cents opinions. :>

Comment

Preown shop will be taking your watch at a much lesser value...

Try selling online should be a better option...
                                Rolex Submariner 116610LV Alphanumeric Series (The Hulk)
                                Rolex GMT Master II 16710 COKE (Stick Dial) D Series

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X