Selling Watch to Preown Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrian85 View Post
    I did post at sales forum already. May I know where is chuan watch? Thanks.
    DJ tends to generate lesser interests than sports models. So u might need to wait out for a while. Unless u need to let go urgently, I suggest just relax and see how the responses go.
    elusive

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      "reasonable price" is subjective. Better if you try to ask a few dealers. Alternatively, you may try to post your watches for sale in the forum. You will probably lose lesser if you sell them on your own.
      Got to agree with this.

Comment

can somebody advise, if i need to sell a rolex urgently, say a submariner D seri complete set to second dealer, while he is selling exactly the same watch at x,xxx sgd, how much lower i can expect to get? is 20% lower is a good deal?

Comment

Originally posted by paijo View Post
          can somebody advise, if i need to sell a rolex urgently, say a submariner D seri complete set to second dealer, while he is selling exactly the same watch at x,xxx sgd, how much lower i can expect to get? is 20% lower is a good deal?
          IMHO I think it's a good deal. Because usually their selling price is higher, as such 20% is kinda ok if time is a factor.

Comment

Anyone wonder why the same watch when sold to dealers at say 5k can be resold by them at 20to30% higher at say 6k to 6.5k?

Comment

Originally posted by gmt8300 View Post
              Anyone wonder why the same watch when sold to dealers at say 5k can be resold by them at 20to30% higher at say 6k to 6.5k?
              Same theory goes to trading cars to used car dealer.

Comment

Some sellers may want a hassle free txn and faster process by going to commercial dealers. Dealers have overheads and margins to cover so need to trade a reasonable margin.
                elusive

Comment

What is the value add that justifies the 20to30% price difference
                  afterall its the same watch
                  higher overhead and margins doesnt equate to any value add
                  is faster process or hassle free considered value add that justify a 20to30% hike?

Comment

What is the value add that justifies the 20to30% price difference
                    afterall its the same watch
                    higher overhead and margins doesnt equate to any value add
                    is faster process or hassle free considered value add that justify a 20to30% hike?
                    is there really a 20-30% price difference between selling price at sg-roc and shops? I'm not very sure but going by the prices posted by some shops on the forum against prices of private sellers on the same forum, I don't think so. Margins from shops or dealers probably come from the lower buy-in price. If folks don't see any value-add from pre owned shops and don't support their biz, I guess these shops would not have lasted til now. So obviously there is still a healthy business to be made outside of this forum. People trading/frequenting sg-roc or *** may not represent entire population of watch enthusiasts etc. It's a bigger world out there.
                    elusive

Comment

• I suppose some people will buy from dealers because of the convenience, just go to the shop with cash & part with the cash.

Rather than SMSing to meet somewhere with private sellers & if something goes wrong, it might not be so easy to rectify the problem.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X