Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions with regards to buying a Rolex

Hi,

i have a few questions on purchasing a rolex watch...
    I was looking at the watches in the official Rolex website and wanted to look for the actual watch in ADs.
    1. how do I know the model number of the watches? The website didn't indicate the model number of the watches.
    2. is there any other websites that has the comprehensive list of Rolex models available? I want to shortlist the models (and know the model no. as well) that i like before going to ADs as each store sells different models.
    3. Which other ADs would you recommend and carries the most number of Rolex models? Is Watch Palace in Lucky Plaza a good place to buy?

Thanks a lot in advance.

website states only model name but that is sufficient.........

u can visit the ADs and browse their master catalog, which shows the dials and bracelet combinations for rolex watches...

watch palace is a quiet and cosy place that sells only rolex........another place i like to visit is THG raffles hotel, nice and friendly ppl there.......
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

ohlins, thanks for the advice

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
      website states only model name but that is sufficient.........

u can visit the ADs and browse their master catalog, which shows the dials and bracelet combinations for rolex watches...

watch palace is a quiet and cosy place that sells only rolex........another place i like to visit is THG raffles hotel, nice and friendly ppl there.......

Comment

there is a rolex catalog @ sg RSC, though the list is not entirely comprehensive, it states the model and model number.

the stock in each AD varies, just visit any AD and tell them the model you are looking for.

some ppl will say this AD no good, that AD good. different people will have different experience with each AD. so visit various AD and determine for yourself
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for the info triton
          will goto the Rolex Service Centre to get the catalogue

Originally posted by triton View Post
          there is a rolex catalog @ sg RSC, though the list is not entirely comprehensive, it states the model and model number.

the stock in each AD varies, just visit any AD and tell them the model you are looking for.

some ppl will say this AD no good, that AD good. different people will have different experience with each AD. so visit various AD and determine for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by panda7 View Post
            Hi,

i have a few questions on purchasing a rolex watch...
            I was looking at the watches in the official Rolex website and wanted to look for the actual watch in ADs.
            1. how do I know the model number of the watches? The website didn't indicate the model number of the watches.
            2. is there any other websites that has the comprehensive list of Rolex models available? I want to shortlist the models (and know the model no. as well) that i like before going to ADs as each store sells different models.
            3. Which other ADs would you recommend and carries the most number of Rolex models? Is Watch Palace in Lucky Plaza a good place to buy?

Thanks a lot in advance.
            You can do it online even though you don't have the book too!

Check out online shops like www.jomashop.com

more or less most of the models are there...at least what you are looking for. Then the combination of bracelets,dials etc would be easy,just ask ur Rolex AD.

All ADs hav lots of Rolexes,stock is not a problem,they can order yours if yours is not there. Though I hate the service at THG Taka during peak hours,it has a nice ambience though. I am a all time THG supporter somehow...coz my aunt bought her Rolex there before she passed away,and she gave the watch to my mum. When I was younger,I was looking through her Rolex box and saw the receipt...it was from THG,so I always prefer to buy watches from there.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              All ADs hav lots of Rolexes,stock is not a problem,they can order yours if yours is not there.
              better stand corrected. sometimes AD no stock for popular models. for the not so sought after models, it also depends on the combination you looking for, such as dial, hour markers, bracelets.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                better stand corrected. sometimes AD no stock for popular models. for the not so sought after models, it also depends on the combination you looking for, such as dial, hour markers, bracelets.
                Oh ya...for SS Daytona u gotta wait long long...I am saying for models like DJ...got alot of variations..so if dun hav can order

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  Oh ya...for SS Daytona u gotta wait long long...I am saying for models like DJ...got alot of variations..so if dun hav can order
                  yeah. can order does not mean got stock locally also

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

thanks to all who answered my questions... i have one more question: how many types of bezel does Rolex have? Is there any website I can see how each type looks like? Read in one of the websites that there are 7 types namely:
                    -Polished
                    -Finely Engine Turned
                    -Engine Turned
                    -Fluted
                    -Hand-Crafted
                    -Pyramid
                    -Rotating Bezel
                    Heard that the Engine Turned Bezel is not being used anymore. Please advise.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by panda7 View Post
                      thanks to all who answered my questions... i have one more question: how many types of bezel does Rolex have? Is there any website I can see how each type looks like? Read in one of the websites that there are 7 types namely:
                      -Polished
                      -Finely Engine Turned
                      -Engine Turned
                      -Fluted
                      -Hand-Crafted
                      -Pyramid
                      -Rotating Bezel
                      Heard that the Engine Turned Bezel is not being used anymore. Please advise.
                      Thanks
                      That's all more or less. Most of them now are polished,fluted,or rotating bezels. Yes Engine tuned is not used anymore,I dun like it anyways

Comment

engine turned bezel still around..........e.g. u can find it on the new air king
                        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                          engine turned bezel still around..........e.g. u can find it on the new air king
                          Oh...I see...Maybe in the date models also...

Comment

yes indeed....

Comment

Questions with regards to buying a Rolex

Hello All,

I am a newbie here and have several questions with regards to buying a Rolex watch

I am saving up to buy either a submariner (if there is a new model this year at baseworld) or a Deepsea.

Questions:

1) Is The Hour Glass an Rolex Authorise Dealer? Is it a good place to buy a Rolex?

2) What is the Rolex's warranty like? Does it cover parts and labour?

3) What do I have to look out for when buying a new rolex?

4) Does the AD check all Rolexes to ensure that it is in perfect condition in every expect before selling it?

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X