No announcement yet.

Sapphire Display Case back for Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I do hope to have see thru case back for my Rolex just like my AP RO 15300 and IWC Port 5001. But if it's not original, better play safe. If everything happened, warranty could be void and the watch could be damaged. I have seen such modifications before. It's between aesthetic vs reliability.

Comment

I don't really fancy modifying Rolex after what I saw at RSC when servicing my 6694 years ago.

The woman has this diamond dazzled bazel on her datejust and the RSC girl simply told her that in order to service her still-under-warranty watch, they will remove all the non-orginal parts (diamond studded bazel fixed by someone in Lucky Plaza she presumed to be AD) and all warranty is now void, and they will not guarante any water-resistant or whatever.

BTW, removing the SS back case and replace with a see thru case, when send for service, put back the old case, can the RSC people know? It is not exactly modifying, just like changing the presidential bracelet with oyster-link bracelet right?

Comment

No way will I do such modification to a rolex. An oyster is supposed to have an oyster case.

I am a great fan of see-thru back but there are so many good and nice watches out there with see-thru back. Those with manual movement is more interesting/beautiful

If you must see the rolex movement, there are some places where you can get the movements only...hehe
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by commoner View Post
          I don't really fancy modifying Rolex after what I saw at RSC when servicing my 6694 years ago.

The woman has this diamond dazzled bazel on her datejust and the RSC girl simply told her that in order to service her still-under-warranty watch, they will remove all the non-orginal parts (diamond studded bazel fixed by someone in Lucky Plaza she presumed to be AD) and all warranty is now void, and they will not guarante any water-resistant or whatever.

BTW, removing the SS back case and replace with a see thru case, when send for service, put back the old case, can the RSC people know? It is not exactly modifying, just like changing the presidential bracelet with oyster-link bracelet right?
          There's no way they will know if it was swapped out. In any case, even if you remove your original case to view the movement, it won't void the warranty. If they were to suspect (which I doubt), you tell them that you opened it to authenticate it.

Comment

I like to see the mechanical movements working in my GMT.
            Where can this be done?
            is it just buy a see-thru case and replace the original back case?
            no modifications to the treads required, right?

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
              Officially, all rolex watches don't come with see thru case back.
              wrong, rolex prince original come along with see thru case....

Comment

my fave rolex...thanks to bro siambee for posting and brighten up my day!!!!
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by siambee View Post
                  wrong, rolex prince original come along with see thru case....

Oic, dont know abt this as ceillini, prince are not my field. cos I interested in sports and those like DJ & DD. Learn something new again.
                  Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                    my fave rolex...thanks to bro siambee for posting and brighten up my day!!!!
                    u welcome Bro , will find time kopi with u guys again.

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                    Oic, dont know abt this as ceillini, prince are not my field. cos I interested in sports and those like DJ & DD. Learn something new again.
                    i make the same mistake 2yrs ago.. can understand.
                    cheers.

Comment

Rolex display back

Hi everyone,

Where can i find display back for my Sub? which shops are selling and how much? tks
                      simi kangtao?

Comment

Originally posted by cck1609 View Post
                        Hi everyone,

Where can i find display back for my Sub? which shops are selling and how much? tks
                        if you are referring to "see thru" case back, you may chk with JW watch....i know they retail "see thru" case backs for Rolex daytonas. I don't know if they have "see thru" case back for sub.

http://jwwatch.com/showpro_details.asp?id=1&cat=640

Comment

Sapphire Caseback

Here some Pics from a Rolex with Sapphire Caseback

Comment

Sapphire Caseback

Comment

can you advise why the end links of the bracelet has no model number?

Originally posted by customwatchconcepts View Post
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X