Sapphire Display Case back for Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
    Wow! I am very impress with you under water picture, taken at 100m depth is still super clear and bright, unbelieveable.

What camera you used? Nikon? Canon? or sea water at California is so super clear?
    Err...mind me ask...which part of the pic made you think that it was taken underwater and not on the shore? haha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Err...mind me ask...which part of the pic made you think that it was taken underwater and not on the shore? haha

"This one pressure tested to 100 Meters without any problems....

Image taken at Big Sur on the California coast last weekend.

-Sheldon"

I am questioning the true of his claim.

No proof that the watch has been tested at 100m depth, at least he should take a pic of it under water, or test must be conduct by some neutral body... Therefore, all are words and mouth of Sheldon...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

unless im mistaken, pressure tested here means they put the watch on a machine and subject it to the equivalent of 100m of pressure.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

If I could post a picture of the watch at 100Meters, or in a pressure tester, I would... All the things I have done with Rolex and watches in general I have documented with images on my website. I am not quite ready to purchase a pressure tester and a timing machine just yet...(although at some point, I want to...)

The watch was pressure tested by a Rolex trained watchmaker at a Rolex AD utilizing Rolex approve methods for pressure testing. Typically, pressure testing is done in a tube filled with water. The watch is put into the tube and the tube is pressurized with compressed air to simulate 100M, then the watch is dipped into water and the air pressure released. If there is a leak, water bubbles will indicate where the leaks are located. A YouTube video on how pressure testing is done is posted at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chfgUuOz6_Y

I wont mention the name of the AD that did the pressure testing for me not to add haze and distortion to the claims but only because Rolex frowns on Rolex AD's and Rolex watchmakers doing work with modifications and/or using non-Rolex parts. I have no reason to question the watchmaker's claims that the watch tested fine at a 100M in a pressure tester, or the manufacturers claims that the caseback can withstand 200M pressure.

This is the best I can offer and I have no reason to mislead anyone....

-Sheldon

Comment

I am questioning the true of his claim.

No proof that the watch has been tested at 100m depth, at least he should take a pic of it under water, or test must be conduct by some neutral body... Therefore, all are words and mouth of Sheldon...
            Please don't doubt Sheldon...I trust he knows his Rolex and waterproofing test is done using a machine. I think Sheldon has showed you the video of it already. Hope it helped.

On a side note...so how you think Rolex tests your watch? Got this tank 100m,300m and 1220m under the RSC then they just throw it down and bring it up? haha

Originally posted by triton View Post
            unless im mistaken, pressure tested here means they put the watch on a machine and subject it to the equivalent of 100m of pressure.
            Yup.

Comment

Please don't doubt Sheldon...I trust he knows his Rolex and waterproofing test is done using a machine. I think Sheldon has showed you the video of it already. Hope it helped.

On a side note...so how you think Rolex tests your watch? Got this tank 100m,300m and 1220m under the RSC then they just throw it down and bring it up? haha

Yup.
              Watch 3 times the youtube video about pressure testing of a Sub. However, can't see that Sub is installed with a Clear Back Case or heard the tester mentioned anything about the mod.
              Any way thanks for the video of how pressure test is done, very educating.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
              SS SD,
              SS YM,
              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Watch 3 times the youtube video about pressure testing of a Sub. However, can't see that Sub is installed with a Clear Back Case or heard the tester mentioned anything about the mod.
                Any way thanks for the video of how pressure test is done, very educating.
                You ah!

He showed you the video to tell you how pressure testing is done coz u asked how it is done.

NOT of the watch has a clear back case being tested...

Sheldon's watch with the mod case has been tested to 100m by his dealer...period.

Comment

You ah!

He showed you the video to tell you how pressure testing is done coz u asked how it is done.

NOT of the watch has a clear back case being tested...

Sheldon's watch with the mod case has been tested to 100m by his dealer...period.
                  It doesn't matter, I won't install it any way.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

GET UR Custom TRANSPARENT CASEBACK FOR ROLEX HERE

Hi,

Not sure if this is new or hidden somewhere in this forum or not but it's good ****.

http://www.beepworld.de/members97/uh...-preik/usa.htm

Enjoy

Comment

Oh yah,

I stumbled onto the website above and it is not in any way related to me nor am I trying to encourage users to patronise it........

If this is already somewhere in the forum, please delete the thread.

Comment

Has anyone done this? Do we email him in order to buy it or? ...
                        There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          Has anyone done this? Do we email him in order to buy it or? ...
                          Hi ghost..........

After reading ur post above, just thought that i should put a reminder.........as most forummers here have said that RSC wont service aftermarket parts, it's best if anyone who wants to explore this are able to change the back case by their own, so they can change it back to the original one when they send it back to RSC.

There are some blokes in the blog where I found the link above who has done it. Over here in SGROC, I doubt there are any............

Comment

personally im not keen to use after market case. this is because if not install properly, leaks can occur. then the repair and/or service will be more costly.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thanks for sharing, but

Originally posted by wahlaneh View Post
                              Hi,

Not sure if this is new or hidden somewhere in this forum or not but it's good ****.

http://www.beepworld.de/members97/uh...-preik/usa.htm

Enjoy
                              frankly, there's not much to see in a Rolex movement lah....plus you risk leakage in your watch by putting those on....

Comment

Wise advice from wise men!!...........haha, nevermind lor, just browse the picture on the website enough

Just thought that this is interesting to know........since there was a post somewhere about ROLEX customising a one and only transparent caseback for an old GMT Master II for some VIP.....

speaking of which, anyone know who the VIP is ??

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X