Sapphire Display Case back for Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
    frankly, there's not much to see in a Rolex movement lah....plus you risk leakage in your watch by putting those on....
    It's human nature to take a peep at what's hidden from our eyes.

Hence, the growing popularity of transparent case backs.

Water ingress is avoided when a competent watch maker is
    employed. He will do the necessary pressure testing.

Comment

Video on installing transparent caseback

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?swf...oad_modules=1&

This may interest some.

Comment

NICE VIDEO !!

but please heed the advice of the experienced members here........i.e. if intend to try this, make sure the maker/fitter is competent........wouldn't want to end up seeing an 'aquarium' movement.....

Comment

Hey brO wAHLANEH, i've got the transparent caseback installed into my olde sub! Quite badass
          There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Bro... post pics to share...

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
              Hey brO wAHLANEH, i've got the transparent caseback installed into my olde sub! Quite badass

Hi there bro ghost......U REALLY DID IT?!!! no doubt it's BADASS.... i would like to try too.........perhaps........

did u do install it yourself??

Pics will be nice

Comment

comeon bro ghost!Share share leh! PICTURES!! Thought you would do it on your GMT

Comment

It's not too tough to do..

I have replaced the caseback on my watch without any issues. The above image is my 16710 w/3186 movement.

I have the DIY posted at http://www.minus4plus6.com/caseback.htm The process requires the proper tools. Each time I have done this, I have had a watchmaker pressure test at 100M successfully.

Although you will see some my images on Thomas' site, I have no financial interest in his business; I only provided the images as a favor.

He is a hard person to contact. You have to use simple English, or fluent German. I am waiting for him to create a 116710 (GMT-C) caseback but to no avail...

-Sheldon

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonsmith View Post

I have replaced the caseback on my watch without any issues. The above image is my 16710 w/3186 movement.

I have the DIY posted at http://www.minus4plus6.com/caseback.htm The process requires the proper tools. Each time I have done this, I have had a watchmaker pressure test at 100M successfully.

Although you will see some my images on Thomas' site, I have no financial interest in his business; I only provided the images as a favor.

He is a hard person to contact. You have to use simple English, or fluent German. I am waiting for him to create a 116710 (GMT-C) caseback but to no avail...

-Sheldon

LOOKS FANTASTIC thanks for pics.

Comment

Hehe luckily someone's beaten me to posting the pics! I'm a lazy bugger lah...Bro Louie, show you the next time we go for kopi lah!

Got mine switched by Mr Hai from Golden Landmark...damn gd guy...but kena sarcastic remarks from some ah pek "dealer" abt how "low-crass" i am for modifying my rolex etc....and that those with money and class wldnt do such things...like i give a flying f*^% abt what some olde geezer (who sounds like he was behind the door when they were giving out brains...and english lessons) think...oops...maybe i do a little...coz the half-wit just kept going on and on..

Man, S'poreans are so full of it, and are so unwilling to accept the fact that ppl have differing views!

Well, Mr crass-act. Pls make sure you take yr wrinkly butt to Mt E or Gleneagles the next time you need to see a doc, since you're a cut above the rest of us!

Wldnt wanna be slumming with the rest of us subsidized folk in Restructured hosps wld u

Comment

Watz tis on a NYE?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Eh?

Comment

Will you use a display caseback?

The look is kinda interesting.

However there is a original vs modified issue as in all modification.

Will you put on a display back then?

Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

It looks nicer than the original.. But Rolex oyster case dont come in c thru case back..4 ppl who dunno how to appreciate this nice fine piece, they c it a fake..Warranty will be void by RSC if any parts found not to be original.

Good modification though..

Comment

Originally posted by batamboy View Post
                                It looks nicer than the original.. But Rolex oyster case dont come in c thru case back..4 ppl who dunno how to appreciate this nice fine piece, they c it a fake..Warranty will be void by RSC if any parts found not to be original.

Good modification though..
                                Officially, all rolex watches don't come with see thru case back. But there were these rolex watches with the see thru case back as beta set at basel in the past.
                                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X