Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one to keep?

Hi All,

need some advice here. currently I have the following rollies: Explorer II (previous version), Submariner (also previous version) and the SS GMT2C.

plan to flip either the ExII or Sub for another watch

current moment i'm more tuned towards selling the ExII, as the GMT2C also has GMT function.

what would be your choice?

thanks.

I share the same view as you to sell the Ex II to fund the next purchase as you will still retain a diver and traveller watches for your lifestyle.

Comment

Sell the ex2
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

boss,

long time to see and hear from you.
        1. can you advise what series and what color dial is the explorer II
        2. can you advise what series and what color dial and what material is the submariner
        3. can you advise what series is the GMT IIC

are the set complete or otherwise?

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
        Hi All,

need some advice here. currently I have the following rollies: Explorer II (previous version), Submariner (also previous version) and the SS GMT2C.

plan to flip either the ExII or Sub for another watch

current moment i'm more tuned towards selling the ExII, as the GMT2C also has GMT function.

what would be your choice?

thanks.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Sell the GMT2C. It's current production and you can easily get a replacement if you regret later on. And you get the most $$$ by selling the GMT2C.

Comment

yo Boss... yup long time no see and hear.. .haha

can you advise what series and what color dial is the explorer II

- Black color ExII M series

can you advise what series and what color dial and what material is the submariner

- Black too. M series too.

can you advise what series is the GMT IIC

- V series.

All with boxes and warranty cards

Originally posted by triton View Post
            boss,

long time to see and hear from you.
            1. can you advise what series and what color dial is the explorer II
            2. can you advise what series and what color dial and what material is the submariner
            3. can you advise what series is the GMT IIC

are the set complete or otherwise?

Comment

Thanks Bro ngage and zindane.

Bro wean: mai la.. GMT2C is my current favourite and get the most wrist time.. .haha

actually the ExII is my very first rollie... got "kam cheng" also.. heh

Originally posted by wean_sg View Post
              Sell the GMT2C. It's current production and you can easily get a replacement if you regret later on. And you get the most $$$ by selling the GMT2C.

Comment

if i have the 3 watches, i would let go of the GMT IIc.

personally i prefer the look of 16570 compared to 116570. so the black dial explorer II gets my vote to keep.
                as for submariner, it is always an iconic. so it gets my vote to keep.

i would let go of the GMT IIc as it is the latest design. if you want to get it again in future, the chances is higher compared to the explorer II. also, the additional feature that the GMT IIc that has over the explorer II is the ability to tell the third time zone which is seldom used by me.

Originally posted by pingpong View Post

explorer II - Black color ExII M series

submariner - Black too. M series too.

GMT IIC - V series.

All with boxes and warranty cards
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

It's just logical to pick the GMT II to sell. But eventually it's heart over mind I guess.

I'll, too, let go of the GMT II in your situation.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I will advise you to keep all 3, no matter which 1 you have decided to sell, you will still regret it sooner or later. Otherwise, you wont be here asking us to help you decide which 1 to go. Moreover, if you are determind, i believe you would have already decide on which 1 to go. Why not try to buy your next watch with an installment plan if you are really keen and cant wait to get the watch. This is just my personal opinion. Cheers
                    Current:
                    No More Liao...

Comment

lol... thanks for all comments..... all make sense to me.. but as Bro Ocean said eventually it is heart over mind....

now it is one day heart over mind, and another day it is mind over heart....

om om om om om......

Comment

Looking at your post, I think the choice is ex ii to go (heart).

Gmt iic by itself is a very nice and functional watch. Current production or not.
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

My vote go to GMT2C....
                          Explorer II will be a keeper as last of the few series with chapter ring & 3136 movement. I regretted selling mine.
                          Submariner is an iconic piece.
                          Him:
                          116520 V series/ 16750 M series /Franck Muller GPC (Red Ergal)/ Nubeo Black Jellyfish (Orange)/ Chopard Mille Miglia 2005 LTD ED/ Tudor Hydronaut II/ Tag Heuer Kirium/ Tag Heuer Formula 1/ Longines 36184566/ Tissot PRS 200 (Michael Owen LTD ED)/ Louis Erard Asymmetric/ Orient

Her:
                          AP Ladies Royal Oak 2140/ 178240 Z series/ Chopard Happy Black Valentine LTD ED/ Chopard Be Mad LTD ED/ Omega Speedmaster/ Bvlgari Carbon Gold (Moscow) LTD ED/ Tag Heuer Link/ Locman Tenderheart/ B & M

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                            Sell the ex2
                            Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by submarooner View Post
                              Agree.
                              Sell Explorer 2

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile