Just saw a reasonably priced 116520

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
    Something to add... it is a X series... so the production year is around 1991. In another words, it is 17 year-old watch. I don't know how much you have paid for it but I am quite sure that the very first owner of this watch has paid lesser than you, so are you a loser, our MIGHTY GEORGE-THE-GREATEST? Honestly, I don't think so.... cheers!
    actually what makes you so sure he actually has one? cld not tell from his one trade with singaporerolexcentre if he got the zenith from him...vely curious to know how much george of the jungle paid for his zneith daytona and when he got it...
    but i most curious to find out where to get the 249s, the 190s, the 232s CHEEP CHEEP...screw the discipline...
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Just a naughty thought here (for X-mas' sake!)

The "winners" & "losers" debate:

Rolex manufacturing costs (for example a submariner) would be in the region of 1-3 to 4K (plus parts, marketing, commission etc, minus profits- estimates), selling BN for 8K+(listed).

Are all submariner buyers "winners" or "losers"?

Who is the ultimate "winner"? - Ans: There are only 2 winners here:

(1) Rolex Company - making up huge profit margins from their successful marketing campaign (Winner as a Seller); and

(2) Willing & able happy owners who can own one (Winner as a buyer).

Bottomline - there's more in life to discuss about "winners" or "losers". If really want to compare, why not list out your whole asset base such as:

(i) No and type of properties you own and fully paid up;
      (ii) Type of car you have and fully paid up;
      (iii) Net asset value in cash in your asset portfolio.

to determine who is the real financial "winners"?

Also can include:

(i) Measure of "happiness" that you have - happy family, kids doing well, etc
      (ii) Measure of health for you and your family
      (iii) etc, etc

There's really no end to COMPARING because when one compares, there is bound to be disastifications...

Cool and enjoy our "losers" watch which is "overvalued" in its own right. Well, i can't complain because I bought with my eyes opened (Better than the recent *** brothers sago) - in this respect, I admit that I am a "loser", but a happy one.

Its Christmas and Merry Christmas to all!
      My humble keepsakes:
      1) Submariner 14060
      2) Submariner 14060M
      3) Sea Dweller 16600
      4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
      5) Azimuth JagdBomber
      6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
      7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
      8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
      9) Panerai Black Seal
      10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
      11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

Ender, I am not sure whether he has one or pretended to has one... but since he said he has, let's just believe loh, also, let him win loh, since he like to win so much, I don't see he will be happy if we make him a winner as clearly in our hearts, he is a......

I think I also want to end my story here... quite stupid to debate on stupid comments made...

cheers!

Originally posted by Ender View Post
        actually what makes you so sure he actually has one? cld not tell from his one trade with singaporerolexcentre if he got the zenith from him...vely curious to know how much george of the jungle paid for his zneith daytona and when he got it...
        but i most curious to find out where to get the 249s, the 190s, the 232s CHEEP CHEEP...screw the discipline...

Comment

Merry Christmas, bro 116520!
          My humble keepsakes:
          1) Submariner 14060
          2) Submariner 14060M
          3) Sea Dweller 16600
          4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
          5) Azimuth JagdBomber
          6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
          7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
          8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
          9) Panerai Black Seal
          10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
          11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

Merry Christmas, bro mickey!

Originally posted by mickey_ View Post
            Merry Christmas, bro 116520!

Comment

fellow members.........let's not get carried away........ thanks
              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

ohlins removed my post

Comment

Ender, I am not sure whether he has one or pretended to has one... but since he said he has, let's just believe loh, also, let him win loh, since he like to win so much, I don't see he will be happy if we make him a winner as clearly in our hearts, he is a......

I think I also want to end my story here... quite stupid to debate on stupid comments made...

cheers!
                  i suppose you are right...
                  but but...
                  i really want to know where to find the CHEEP CHEEP 249s, 190s and 232s...
                  ."

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                    fellow members.........let's not get carried away........ thanks
                    Originally posted by Metank View Post
                    ohlins removed my post
                    yes as i said, let's not get carried away with personal remarks.... thanks.....
                    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

George,just enjoy your watch lah. if you got a good bargain and you time your purchase correctly, congrats. whether others bot higher or lower doesnt matter. and i am no fan of panerai too, i just have a panerai ferrari granturimo bot high price becoz there was a waiting list 2 years back, and a humble pam86. i dun know how high/low of the PAMs you mention, but there is no need to beat those pieces down. sometimes, in open forums like these, try your best(and i know you can) not to offend people, esp those that have those mentioned watches.

lets chill lah, lets all have a great horological 2009 ahead.
                      It is with our judgments as with our watches; no two go just alike, yet each believes his own.
                      Alexander Pope

Comment

Ha ha.... Metank, I don't know if you are a newbie or a Lao Jiao using a new name here. In this forum, I find out that you can't use personal remarks on each other but sometimes some people can start something really nasty. You have to use words very carefully here in order not to get things deleted. You can use things like "......." loh, just let those ppl fill in the blank. We don't need to say it out loud. Who is trouble maker? Who is watch lover? We know....

So don't be mad with Ohlins. We live in Singapore, so I am quite used to this. Something can say, something cannot say.

Why I post this in public instead of PM you? Cos I smell something bad here and just wanna to let other bro to stay away from here...

Good day!

Originally posted by Metank View Post
                        ohlins removed my post

Comment

Ha ha.... Metank, I don't know if you are a newbie or a Lao Jiao using a new name here. In this forum, I find out that you can't use personal remarks on each other but sometimes some people can start something really nasty. You have to use words very carefully here in order not to get things deleted. You can use things like "......." loh, just let those ppl fill in the blank. We don't need to say it out loud. Who is trouble maker? Who is watch lover? We know....

So don't be mad with Ohlins. We live in Singapore, so I am quite used to this. Something can say, something cannot say.

Why I post this in public instead of PM you? Cos I smell something bad here and just wanna to let other bro to stay away from here...

Good day!
                          Rules are rules, so if you want to continue to play at this playgrd, only right that you follow...
                          but for some ppl, when they find that they can no longer play at a playgrd, they try their best to screw up the playgrd, not caring that innocent bystanders are harmed... like this is not right.
                          ."

Comment

Jus lurkin' around, but had to say somethin'

There's a dude here who's not kool, guys. Wishin' others ill is the worst thin' to do. My dad juz bot a Patek, not a Rolex, and I dun wanna tell him 50% a goner on X'mas day!

Not kool dude, very cruel an' nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by sunzhi View Post
                              ah chill guys... it's christmas, time to forgive & forget. imho, buying at high price doesn't make one a loser. i have bought some watches the last couple of months and true, the price has gone down by 10-20% and probably will be even lower. but had i spent the money in something else like investing in stocks, i probably would lose much more thn just 20%. further as mentioned by bro metank, i am not selling the watches now. so are people like me, losers? i dont think so. the worst is tht we didn't get a good bargain nor the best deal.

bro george, i m curious when did you buy your zenith daytona ? as you mentioned good bargain i reckon it must be very recent? but your photo ws taken in may 2008, thts 7 months liao...
                              good one....spot the time when the photo was taken...hahahaha
                              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                              Audemars Piguet ROO
                              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                              Panerai 270
                              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                              Rolex 116610LV