Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Genuine Is Your Rolex?

Hello, me again.

I was surfing some auction sites and was alarmed to see many rolex parts for sale eg bezel, crown, inserts, hands, dail.....

Some mentioned is original while some claim aftermarket!

So, if u buy a pre-owned rolex. How sure there are not aftermarket parts in them? Even if you sent to rolex for auth, do they check every parts? I believe one have to strip every parts to asertain it.

Maybe your rolex has a aftermarket bezel? or aftermarket hands? Or maybe if no one knows than it wouldnt matters ?

What do you thinks guys?

If i'm not wrong... if your watch contains aftermarket components... RSC will not service your watch ?..

Dunno.. any1 can clarify ?
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

RSC will give a verbal verification if parts are original.
      IWC Top Gun Doppler
      Pam 312K
      Cartier Santos 100
      Rolex SS GMT IIC M-Series
      Rolex SS Submariner LVC (Hulk) Alpha
      Rolex SS Explorer 1 214270 G-Series
      Tag Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 Gulf Limited Edition
      Omega Seamaster 300m Diver

Comment

Yes, but how thorough RSC when auth. ur Rolex. Up to every parts and components? Labour cost will be too high to do that. Not only that, some parts are machine assembled during mass production and not advisable to dismantle.

Maybe any watch tech here can tell us what they do in their servicing.

Comment

well to my understanding...they do check all the parts.... i overheard...one fella's exp II after verified at the RSC, he was told that the crystal he had was an aftermarket one.... hmnn luckily it doesn't cost much to replace an original crystal...
          Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
          Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
          Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
          Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Originally posted by rogersk8ter View Post
            Hello, me again.

I was surfing some auction sites and was alarmed to see many rolex parts for sale eg bezel, crown, inserts, hands, dail.....

Some mentioned is original while some claim aftermarket!

So, if u buy a pre-owned rolex. How sure there are not aftermarket parts in them? Even if you sent to rolex for auth, do they check every parts? I believe one have to strip every parts to asertain it.

Maybe your rolex has a aftermarket bezel? or aftermarket hands? Or maybe if no one knows than it wouldnt matters ?

What do you thinks guys?
            that is one of the reasons why i stay away from pre-owned watches
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
              well to my understanding...they do check all the parts.... i overheard...one fella's exp II after verified at the RSC, he was told that the crystal he had was an aftermarket one.... hmnn luckily it doesn't cost much to replace an original crystal...
              Yes. I think RSC strips the entire watch to check all the parts
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                Yes. I think RSC strips the entire watch to check all the parts
                yea.... anyway..you can see the workbench from the waiting area.... just watch how they do it lorr....afterall, paying $75 for verification is no joke man..hehehehe

Comment

yea.... anyway..you can see the workbench from the waiting area.... just watch how they do it lorr....afterall, paying $75 for verification is no joke man..hehehehe

Rolex service work bench can see? My Tag service cannot see leh. Sent in and collect another day.

Comment

Originally posted by rogersk8ter View Post
                    Rolex service work bench can see? My Tag service cannot see leh. Sent in and collect another day.
                    well..verifications are done on the spot depending on the queue.... usually about 15 - 30 mins will do.....

Comment

well..verifications are done on the spot depending on the queue.... usually about 15 - 30 mins will do.....
                      If thats the case, I don't think they strip and examine all parts and components lor. How to fully strip and assemble in 15 mins? If can, a good mechanical watch would be worth so high value liow. hehe
                      Submariner 14060
                      Breitling Colt Auto II
                      Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                      Bell & Ross BR03-92
                      MM20

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                        If thats the case, I don't think they strip and examine all parts and components lor. How to fully strip and assemble in 15 mins? If can, a good mechanical watch would be worth so high value liow. hehe
                        they check the parts that are necessary such as bracelet, case, bezel, crown, dial, movements,....... tiny screws are probably generic.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thank TS for bringing out this topic out for discussion. It will benefit noob like myself who are only starting (now then can afford) the luxury of appreciating time pieces.

Since there are also concerns that fakes actually going into the finer details to replicate a Rolex, then brothers... do you know if its safe to buy a Rolex from Bangkok? Any good reliable shop to recommend?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                          - GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                            Thank TS for bringing out this topic out for discussion. It will benefit noob like myself who are only starting (now then can afford) the luxury of appreciating time pieces.

Since there are also concerns that fakes actually going into the finer details to replicate a Rolex, then brothers... do you know if its safe to buy a Rolex from Bangkok? Any good reliable shop to recommend?
                            Getting from Bangkok is not a problem,go to big shopping centres can ald. There is a Hour Glass Boutique at Gaysorn. Can go check it out

Check out the FAQ section if you want to know more about the fakes.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

bro Darkangel.. thanks.. I read liao.. but the problem is.. My parents are there.. not me.. so I know oso no use... I believe its safe to buy from Hour glass in BKK and its guaranteed to be genuine one correct?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                              - GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X