How low is Low Ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
    I once offered a seller in this forum 500 bucks lower than his asking price of 15k n he gave me a rude reply. 2 weeks later he PM me to ask me if I'm still interested in his watch at my offer price. I ignored him.

Moral of the story, don't burn your bridges. I didn't know offering 500 lower is 'low balling' him but even if so, there's no need for sarcasm. I will never buy from him ever again.
    I totally agree to that .. never burn the bridge. I still remember once I offered the seller his asking price BUT he keeps telling me someone .. someone .. someone .. offering higher and higher and higher. I didn't deal with the seller in the end. The last price is 15% higher from his initial asking.
    Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

agree, attitude of both buyers and sellers is important
      no point burning the bridge over a few hundred dollars

Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
      I once offered a seller in this forum 500 bucks lower than his asking price of 15k n he gave me a rude reply. 2 weeks later he PM me to ask me if I'm still interested in his watch at my offer price. I ignored him.

Moral of the story, don't burn your bridges. I didn't know offering 500 lower is 'low balling' him but even if so, there's no need for sarcasm. I will never buy from him ever again.

Comment

Yup, stay firm but not rude

Btw, are we going off topic with the "low-balling" pics ??!?!

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
        http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kohym View Post
          Yup, stay firm but not rude

Btw, are we going off topic with the "low-balling" pics ??!?!
          Ooops... hehehe...my bad. I think I misread it

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Someone has brought this up previously in the forum but well, I'll just repeat it here. I think it's subjective because it will depend also on the price stated by the seller, ie if the selling price is realistic or not. For example a particular watch is selling at 3K in the market and seller prices it to sell at 4K. Then someone offers 2.5K for it. Will this be "low-balling"?
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              Someone has brought this up previously in the forum but well, I'll just repeat it here. I think it's subjective because it will depend also on the price stated by the seller, ie if the selling price is realistic or not. For example a particular watch is selling at 3K in the market and seller prices it to sell at 4K. Then someone offers 2.5K for it. Will this be "low-balling"?
              then i think it very much depends how much difference the asking price and perceived market price is. If a seller asking for the sky, clearly out to profiteer, then he will receives a lot of low ball offers. If seller receives a lot of reasonable counter offers, then this may be te perceived market price imo.

Comment

To me...anything more than 10% off the asking price is low ball.

If buyer feels that seller is asking way too high and can only offer 1/2 the price, don't offer. When no one offers, seller will self-reflect (and I absolutely hate those sellers who sacastically say peope don't know how to appreciate good things when they received no interest) and adjust downwards. If seller wants to keep at that price, then buyers just move on and hunt for another.

For example, If a seller is selling a watch for $10K. If I am only willing to offer $8K, I will just hold back and search other sales. If he drops his price to $9K, then I might consider making my offer of $8K to him.

Comment

Well said
                  It all depends on market price
                  Not forgetting of course condition of watch
                  And whether fullset inclusive

Originally posted by kohym View Post
                  then i think it very much depends how much difference the asking price and perceived market price is. If a seller asking for the sky, clearly out to profiteer, then he will receives a lot of low ball offers. If seller receives a lot of reasonable counter offers, then this may be te perceived market price imo.

Comment

Hey Koh... if you are asking $2500 for a non museum grade specimen.....anything would be a lowball....

You are talking too much ****....please lah.

I may be a moderator here....but....please control yourself.......asking nonsense replies like this.

Your " so called museum grade"....I met up with the buyer of your 6306......do not flatter yourself too much.

I am contactable @ 90221402 should you need to understand the meaning of "NOS" or " Museum Grade"

You are a freaking LAUGH to the seiko community.

Call me....let's meet up to let me wake YOU up.
                    Last edited by caeden; 13-07-12, 12:01 AM.
                    [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

wow.

Anyway, lowballing to me is to offer a price that in all honesty, you wouldn't sell at if you were the seller.

Buyer's lack of budget is a bad excuse for time wasting and frankly, is rude and shows a lack of class. Eg. I would really want a $120K BMW but I don't have the money. Is it okay for me to go to Performance Motors and tell them "Bro, $75K can?" Would any of you do it?

So don't do the same for a watch that has a market rate asking price (nobody bids without searching for the market rate first right? And if you don't, you're not a serious buyer anyway), and ask the seller to sell at a price that you won't sell at if you were him.

Comment

Yup, totally agree. Goods is with the seller, money is with the buyer. Both decide when the exchange can happen.

Mod Caeden is rite in saying that any price to the seller is a lowball since his asking price is not met.

Comment

Originally posted by lakland View Post
                          wow.

Anyway, lowballing to me is to offer a price that in all honesty, you wouldn't sell at if you were the seller.
                          plus One on this. It is like as though u might as well gift the watch away!

Comment

I feel condition of watch is important
                            Eg if seller advertise watch as mint no scratch and ask for say $10k
                            But upon viewing buyer found some scratches and counteroffer 9.5k
                            Is this lowball? I dont think so

Comment

To me if i were the seller, having an offer is better than having none at all. Haa. But of course, whether the offered price meets your expectations is another thing.
                              Rolex Submariner 168000
                              Rolex Submariner 16610
                              Omega Sea Master 2531800

Comment

how about high-balling? some sellers like to price their items way above market value.

the reason why the term low-balling is common place is because most threads here are WTS. if there are more WTB threads around and buyers ask for certain "sell-it-now" prices, the tide will change.. "high ballers need not apply".

its all market forces at work. WTS vs WTB. sellers have their expectations but i respect that buyers have theirs too. willing buyer willing seller.

talking about "market prices" is this not a percieved value that an item holds to the majority? thus let the majority decide. post the price people offer for ur item here and let us vote, the answer will be clearer then!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X