How low is Low Ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market prices can fall or rise too.
    If prices fall or crash due to poor economy or people wake up that they have been paying too much before then thats the new market price then.

If you think its not worth it, then dont buy, the price will soon reflect the general feeling of the market.
    It also may not have any co-relation to what you bought it for, if you value it high, doesnt mean someone else feels the same way.

Beware the herd mentality, no need to be "psychoed" by people saying a particular model is so great, so its OK to pay more.
    You unever know, 10 years from now, the next generation may think differently.

my 2 cents
    Honesty.....

Comment

I'd say less than trade value.

Comment

Trade value is still higher than preown shops take-in price
        I'd say nothing below preown shops or pawnshops take-in price
        Afterall they are often the biggest lowballers

Comment

Classic. Some people just needs to be woken up w a knee to the groin like your reply. Well done!
          'Time' is the most used English word.

Comment

I cannot agree more that majority of the pre-owned shops are the lowest ballers. Before I knew about SG-ROC recently, I wanted to sell my 2-year old IWC Spitfire Chrono (IW3717-01) which was in my winder most of the time since I bought it from a local AD. I went to a few of these shops to ask them their take-in price. It ranged from $2.8-$3.3K, can you imagine? I eventually sold it to the highest shop offer of $3.3K and have been regretting since. If I knew about SG-ROC earlier, I will definitely get a better price!

Comment

Originally posted by Messi7886 View Post
              I cannot agree more that majority of the pre-owned shops are the lowest ballers. Before I knew about SG-ROC recently, I wanted to sell my 2-year old IWC Spitfire Chrono (IW3717-01) which was in my winder most of the time since I bought it from a local AD. I went to a few of these shops to ask them their take-in price. It ranged from $2.8-$3.3K, can you imagine? I eventually sold it to the highest shop offer of $3.3K and have been regretting since. If I knew about SG-ROC earlier, I will definitely get a better price!
              I can feel for you.. Look forward and not look back! Times will be better ahead if one looks positive towards the future.

imo, low ball will be those people asking for ridiculous prices ie discount more than 20% of asking price.
              Beep Beep!!!!!

Comment

sell in sgroc garage at a price higher than the take-in price of preown shops, but lower than what these shops resell
                let both sellers and buyers benefit, win-win

Comment

Yes! Couldn't agree more. When they give you give you a quote, they do it without blinking an eyelid and sometimes even 'stare' at you when you leave and say thank you.

Comment

'stare' because they cant make quick bucks out of the watch owner

Originally posted by uhrenc View Post
                    Yes! Couldn't agree more. When they give you give you a quote, they do it without blinking an eyelid and sometimes even 'stare' at you when you leave and say thank you.

Comment

Thanks for your messages, fellow SG-ROC members. Since I am now a member of this forum, I will sell my watches here in future to benefit both buyer and seller, just like what sky dweller_sg has suggested. Kudos to SG-ROC and this has become my most frequented site for watches. I think I am "poisoned". : )

Comment

Allow me to quote donald trump "its nothing personal , its just business"

Originally posted by Throttle

so the lesson to be learn is this.
                        if want to sell, dont be sentimental.
                        its business.

cheers

Comment

Erm , believe its the other way round, we learn from the man

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                            why so personal about such things.

we buy we sell, we bid we offer, we accept we reject. thats life.
                            no gun to the head, right?

if people low ball, just reject or ignore, why get upset?
                            what if people offer higher?

so the lesson to be learn is this.
                            if want to sell, dont be sentimental.
                            its business.

cheers
                            It can't be more true than this
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Watches have sentimental value to the collector, but not to the dealers.

Comment

i agree, dealers are only after money
                                i'd prefer to buy from direct owners who take good care of their watches

Watches have sentimental value to the collector, but not to the dealers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X