Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is rolex bracrelet shinnier/ more sparkling than other brand of watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is rolex bracrelet shinnier/ more sparkling than other brand of watch?

I have had this ques for months already, asked y wife but she said i think too much

I feel that rolex braclet is shinnier than other branded watches. I am not talking about planitum, white gold but just the normal ss braclet.

What do u guys think? Is there any facts that it really is shinnier than other brands?

Anyway went to katong bee chee st prawn noodle for lunch today. Wah look to my right side, spotted 2 rolexs already, i guess rolex owners gather more often in katong, haha.

I dont think so.
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

i think rolex has a better finishing than other similar tier brands

that aside, if you are comparing steel to steel, rolex uses the 904L rather than the normal 316L
      904L is known to cost 2 to 3x more than 316L, as it does have very substantial contents of the high cost ingredients nickel and molybdenum
      it has greatly improved resistance to strong reducing acids and chloride attack - hence 904L is resistance to both pitting / crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking

whether 904L looks shiner than 316L, that i am not too sure... probably so because of the higher chromium content (about 5% higher Cr than 316L)

Comment

My Breitling stainless steel bracelet is super shiny, even shinier than white gold!

Comment

i also have breitling but not as bright as my rolexes
          not sure why

Originally posted by Samurai View Post
          My Breitling stainless steel bracelet is super shiny, even shinier than white gold!

Comment

I am not sure though Rolex confirms 904L is meant for good polishing and other factors like corrosion resistant etc. I feel as long as a good polishing is being done, any good metals of any brands should have a good and shiny polish.

Comment

i think the material itself plays a part
              904 is 2-3x more expensive than the commonly used 316, as it contains higher content of expensive additives such as Chromium and Nickel
              chromium gives the shine, nickel gives the added protection to corrosion

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
              I am not sure though Rolex confirms 904L is meant for good polishing and other factors like corrosion resistant etc. I feel as long as a good polishing is being done, any good metals of any brands should have a good and shiny polish.

Comment

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
                I have had this ques for months already, asked y wife but she said i think too much

I feel that rolex braclet is shinnier than other branded watches. I am not talking about planitum, white gold but just the normal ss braclet.

What do u guys think? Is there any facts that it really is shinnier than other brands?

Anyway went to katong bee chee st prawn noodle for lunch today. Wah look to my right side, spotted 2 rolexs already, i guess rolex owners gather more often in katong, haha.
                If you are talking about the newer Rolexes compared to those about 15 years ago, yes you can see a big diff already.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                  Your right.... the 2nd choice its its ability to be polished to an incredible lustre but more than others... the 1st choice for this metal is it's extreme corrosion resistance ( 940L is 2nd or 3rd in S/S Metals avail... and above 316L and 440C. )
                  ROLEX.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X