Request for quotation - RSC servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for quotation - RSC servicing

Hi seniors and roc bros, recently myself an old GMT. Thinking of bringing to RSC for servicing. What will be the procedures like?? How do I get a quote from them and decide whether to proceed with the service. Do they charge an admin fee if I decide not to proceed. Thanks for reading.

Just bring your watch and show it to the aunties there... No fee if you don't want to do it... they can't force you.... but they will give a look, a look which I don't know how to descibe...

Comment

He..he...

Brought in my 1675 last week, it was pouring heavily, so I was a bit soak. Nice lady at the counter (same one since 2001) took in my gmt and gave me a quote of nearly $700 just to overhaul the movement + $650 if I want a new 78360 bracelet. I made a joke about it costing $320 years ago, she mumble something under her breath

BTW, decline the service, told her I'll come back when my 1675 kaput ! She was smiling when I left....
      H.Moser & Cie Mayu
      Speedmaster Sandwich
      SubC 116610
      Daytona 16520

Comment

Originally posted by WYLIE194 View Post
        Brought in my 1675 last week, it was pouring heavily, so I was a bit soak. Nice lady at the counter (same one since 2001) took in my gmt and gave me a quote of nearly $700 just to overhaul the movement + $650 if I want a new 78360 bracelet. I made a joke about it costing $320 years ago, she mumble something under her breath

BTW, decline the service, told her I'll come back when my 1675 kaput ! She was smiling when I left....
        Bro, the $700 plus dun include changing the needle hands and bezel and the "crystal" right??

Comment

Originally posted by tthiang View Post
          Bro, the $700 plus dun include changing the needle hands and bezel and the "crystal" right??
          Nope, just movement overhaul. If your gmt is 1675, 16750 or 16700, better not change anything, except crystal and mebbe bezel insert. Otherwise, the value drop like a hot potato.
          H.Moser & Cie Mayu
          Speedmaster Sandwich
          SubC 116610
          Daytona 16520

Comment

Nope, just movement overhaul. If your gmt is 1675, 16750 or 16700, better not change anything, except crystal and mebbe bezel insert. Otherwise, the value drop like a hot potato.
            Bro, thanks for the advice..

Comment

just serviced my fat lady with them. cost me $760 without changing dial/hands etc. really expensive....

Comment

Originally posted by jarren View Post
                just serviced my fat lady with them. cost me $760 without changing dial/hands etc. really expensive....
                May i know only servicing only? no change parts? wow $760 every costly huh.
                How long it takes? 3weeks?

Comment

Well at least if you service at RSC, u are assured that they replaced with genune parts. Esp vintage pieces, servicing at RSC makes even greater sense since u want to ensure that a job is done, no hanky panky of technician nicking any parts and swapping it etc. Just my 2cents.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by The One View Post
                    May i know only servicing only? no change parts? wow $760 every costly huh.
                    How long it takes? 3weeks?
                    only basic servicing. they wanted to change dial n hands. i told them i prefer as it is. was told 3 weeks for the servicing but watch was ready for collection after 10 calendar days.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                      Well at least if you service at RSC, u are assured that they replaced with genune parts. Esp vintage pieces, servicing at RSC makes even greater sense since u want to ensure that a job is done, no hanky panky of technician nicking any parts and swapping it etc. Just my 2cents.
                      yep. that's why i decided to bite the bullet and serviced it as i intend to keep the watch for long term.

Comment

yep. that's why i decided to bite the bullet and serviced it as i intend to keep the watch for long term.
                        Bro, does the servicing include polishng ah???

Comment

Originally posted by tthiang View Post
                          Bro, does the servicing include polishng ah???
                          yes. it is including as a package. i pay the same amount even though i told them not to polish the watch.

Comment

That sounds about right. When time is right, i.e. my 1675 starts to lose time, I'll send it in for servicing. It was last serviced in 2005 in UK.

Agreed Rolex servicing is best as you can be assured of quality (+ 1 year guarantee !), and you get what you pay for. This time of the year, you may even be given the 2009 calendar/diary when you collect your watch

I guess gone are the <$500 servicing rate

A few years back I sent in my 5513 for servicing, they wanted to change my case as they claim to be 'some' pitting and hence will affect waterproof(ness) of the watch. I declined and sent to JW instead. JW did a great job too.
                            H.Moser & Cie Mayu
                            Speedmaster Sandwich
                            SubC 116610
                            Daytona 16520

Comment

I guess gone are the <$500 servicing rate
                              yep. long gone. serviced a few vintage pieces with them and usually it will set you back more than $600....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X