No announcement yet.

Safe to buy from pre-owned shops in HK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to buy from pre-owned shops in HK?

Have you guys bought pre-owned watches from overseas, what do you guys look out for? Any dangers/pitfalls to avoid?

I was surfing abt when i came across this site from HK selling pre-owned watches... HK isnt too far to go if something catches your eye...

http://www.kenwatches.com/

Generally, i think HK's prices are higher than SG... but sometimes, it's possible to find gems... Think it's a case of demand vs supply... any1 gg there to check out ?
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

go there from time to time, but usually with the gf, so cannot spend all the time looking at watches...

I saw once a ploplof in a small dusty shop placed together with some old omegas and citizens... should have asked the ah pek how much

Comment

OOOh... scarli you can really find gems !!...

Sad to say... i havent been to HK yet..
        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Pre-owned shops in HK

Any bro can recommend any pre-owned shop in HK? going to HK soon.

Comment

You are the no. "100th" person to ask this question in the forum. Can you search first? Try the word "hongkong" ..
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

go to the holiday inn hotel on nathan road... a handful of pre-owned shops with a wide selection...

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                You are the no. "100th" person to ask this question in the forum. Can you search first? Try the word "hongkong" ..
                Ya....Ha. I think there is a collated list of most of the pre-owned shops somewhere. That's comprehensive enough.

Comment

i thought that list was only for sg....
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Not too sure about HK. But if you take a short hop to macau you'd find a pre-owned (or more correctly "pawnshop") in every corner of the city. Some of the prices listed are even more expensive than brand new. Also, forget about boxes and warranty cards, the shop will only provide their own guarantee on authenticity. Almost bought a tudor sub there. Changed my mind after thinking they stopped producing the model 30 years ago and the watch was still minty new.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      sorry. did try, find no list but lots of comments and small talks

Comment

Correct, there's no such a consolidated list, however, some of the guys here have asked and many have responded with some relevant information here and there. A lot of repetition, maybe. You may have to go through slowly or since you have asked here, let people come in to respond to you. I hardly travel to HK, so can't share much.

Good luck
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

hk rolex

hi just want to double check, i heard that hk rolex watches are generally cheaper than rest of the world and some times the preown watch value can be cheaper from 25-50%.

i also heard from a pawn shop owner that the value of hk rolexes are lower and they are able to tell the difference from a hk piece and a standard piece.

anyone heard of this before or able to varify if true?

Comment

All those you've heard, I have not heard before
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

+1 on what Oceank said. Plus, I also heard of many fakes if you any-o-how buy from any shops on hearsay.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X