Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which model of Rolex is considerable the Best resale value watch currently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throttle
    I agree with IanLimm and IanLimm would agree with me.......the answer is Gold Gold Gold. Champagneluver , you agree?

Muayhahahahah, sian tomorrow go back to work....
    You are the business man so I guess I will agree with you!

I'm not a business man at all, I follow my heart!
    Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

in general, most sport models are good in resale value. The king been the Daytona, green sub and any of the vintage sport models.

On the other hand, datejust is ok if you still away from 2tone, diamonds or boy-size.

Date-day is also good too, specially the vintage one.

Comment

I recently watched a documentary on the pawn shop industry. Although this was not shot locally, the quote that I found very meaningful from the pawn shop owner was: "An item is worth what the next guy is willing to pay for it." So for me, the question is are you buying the model/combination you really like or are you buying the model/combination the next person will like?

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
          Imho all rolex stainless steel sports model hold their value extremely well
          With exception of probably milgauss
          Bingo! I can't think of another brand where you pay less than 10k and get this benefit!

Its almost a sure bet although one has get a set at "reasonable" price to begin with. If you paid a high premium for a sport Roli, the chances are to breakeven will take a long long time ;-)

Comment

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before and if it is true... The country of the AD does affect the price of a PO piece if the watch was bought here with a local AD. I have personally experienced that before. Somehow Singgies love their AD... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
              Imho all rolex stainless steel sports model hold their value extremely well
              With exception of probably milgauss
              Oh ya forgot to ask... is Explorer considered an exception too? It is a sport model nonetheless... ;-) so is Sky Dweller huh?

Comment

certainly not the deep sea -2. Observed that a lot of folks are selling it after wearing it only for a very short duration. Something to do with the size. :-)
                My best bet Daytona all Gold and sub two tone blue dial.

Comment

Explorer 1 (36mm) and Subs (stainless). Two tone gold never seems to hold value as collectors, whom hold up the market, scoff at them. Yellow gold hits a floor after 5 years but has significant depreciation in early years. You can see 5% price difference between watches 5 years apart. White gold sub is beyond reproach.
                  Rolex Sub 16610
                  Rolex Explorer 14270
                  Rolex Yacht-Master 16622
                  Rolex DJ 116200
                  Patek Philippe 3820R
                  It's hard to be a married watch collector

Comment

Originally posted by grafite1976 View Post
                    I recently watched a documentary on the pawn shop industry. Although this was not shot locally, the quote that I found very meaningful from the pawn shop owner was: "An item is worth what the next guy is willing to pay for it." So for me, the question is are you buying the model/combination you really like or are you buying the model/combination the next person will like?
                    completely agreed. resale value dpeneds on the sentiments and demand for that particular models at that time. milgauss, daytona and red subs etc have very high resale value in the past when prices were trending up but now some are trading at 70% to 80% of their peaks whereas less popular vintages such as vintage GMTsI today are slowing creeping higher which means higher potengial resale values. For recent models? Not sure if theres anyone who has not lost money after buying from AD or PI....
                    Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                    Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                    GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                    GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                    DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                    DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                    , 18238 malachite
                    DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                    AP 15300 Black
                    Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                    GP 18k RG
                    IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                    Chronoswiss Skeleton
                    Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

if you buy a 2nd hand rolex you dont need to worry about the resale value you can sell it at the same price you bought it for or higher if youre lucky....

Comment

Any sport Rolex wwill be ok, Datejust n Daydate cannot hold value n hard to sell cos look ah Pek imo

Comment

Which Rolex Best resale value I don't know but all Rolex got values.

Comment

You all think the watch in my avatar will stay popular & maybe appreciate?

Comment

Originally posted by ErnestSim View Post
                              You all think the watch in my avatar will stay popular & maybe appreciate?
                              That looks like the rootbeer - has good potential to appreciate!

Comment

what about the platinum Daytona. any views ?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X