No announcement yet.

Tudor Pelagos & Black Bay @ Baselworld 2012, full report:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya la no Bling Bling , but what to do when my boss wears a Tag? Cannot outshine ma. beside , i just wear chapalang watch to work. lol!

Originally posted by mtb View Post
    Yes it is too under the radar... so matte... no bling bling lah!

The snowflake is a dead giveaway though

Comment

• Though I really love the bezel and hands on the BB, I recalled somewhere. That turning the bezel too fast or too hard pops out the insert?

*not to splash cold water on anybody. Might be a one-off case though.

Comment

• Originally posted by OilNGas View Post
        Ya la no Bling Bling , but what to do when my boss wears a Tag? Cannot outshine ma. beside , i just wear chapalang watch to work. lol!
        Like this no shine

Comment

• solid why not use the bracelet? it's pretty comfortable as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by OilNGas View Post
            solid why not use the bracelet? it's pretty comfortable as well.
            I love the bracelet, but it's good to have options

One slight issue with the bracelet (to me) is that unless it's fully extended in the spring zone, when you pull the end of the buckle, it moves, so chances it catching on something is quite high... Usually I fine-tune my Rolex clasps to the last possible position to avoid that..

I tried the stock rubber, but the nice looking shield buckle is sharp, and it is not idea when I carry my kid

Nato/Zulu looks right at home with the Pelagos, and besides taking a bit longer to dry when wet, it does not have other shortcomings... so I think I will keep this setting, for now :P

Comment

• i See , i have a small wrist so it usually in the 1st or 2nd position depends on weather.

Perhaps i should give nato a try too

Comment

• Nice look.
                Wanna ask, did you get the strap changed on your own or got it sent it to a shop to swap for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by FC1976 View Post
                  Nice look.
                  Wanna ask, did you get the strap changed on your own or got it sent it to a shop to swap for you?
                  DIY… as I might change a few times a night

Comment

• Bro mtb, do you use a springbar removal tool or some other DIY tools. Any good tool recommendation?
                    Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Panda
                    Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Navy Seals Diving Alarm
                    Rolex Submariner Hulk
                    IWC Saint Exupery Edition Pilot
                    Tudor Pelagos
                    Omega Seamaster Chronograph
                    Sinn U1 Desert Hour Glass Edition
                    Oris Big Crown ProPilot Worldtimer
                    Ball Engineer Master II Diver Worldtime
                    Grand Seiko 55th Anniversary Spring Drive
                    Orient Star Boutique Edition GMT
                    Seiko Prospex Kinetic GMT
                    Citizen Promaster NightHawk

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                      A lolex is a lolex, and todoor will just be a todoor. Well unless todoor start using lolex movement... Sadly lolex is nOT even in the league of Cartear and todoor not in the league of omeiga. Hehehe.
                      wah i feel very demoralized after reading this wanted to get a tudor but sounds very inferior.

Comment

• ^
                        IIRC the tudor cases and bracelets are made in the same factory as rolex. the only big glaring difference is the use of ETA ebauches, which tudor modifies extensively. ETA designs are easy and cheap to service. Rolex cases and ETA movements? What's not to like?

The other thing about the new tudor (you can tell the new and the old tudor - they are both present in the current product line). The new tudor experiments, with new materials (titanium, fabric straps, full ceramic cases of the black rider), styles (vintage homage of the BB, the blue heritage chrono), sizes (42mm). The pelagos bracelet fits so much better than my Sub LV. These are things you cannot and will not find with rolex.

If you buy a watch based on the brand itself, then congrats, marketing has won. Perhaps a Hublot is next on the horizon for you. If you buy a watch because you love watches, then tudor is one of those companies to watch. They have not gotten off the wrong foot for the last two Basel meets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ladyboy View Post
                          ^
                          IIRC the tudor cases and bracelets are made in the same factory as rolex. the only big glaring difference is the use of ETA ebauches, which tudor modifies extensively. ETA designs are easy and cheap to service. Rolex cases and ETA movements? What's not to like?

The other thing about the new tudor (you can tell the new and the old tudor - they are both present in the current product line). The new tudor experiments, with new materials (titanium, fabric straps, full ceramic cases of the black rider), styles (vintage homage of the BB, the blue heritage chrono), sizes (42mm). The pelagos bracelet fits so much better than my Sub LV. These are things you cannot and will not find with rolex.

If you buy a watch based on the brand itself, then congrats, marketing has won. Perhaps a Hublot is next on the horizon for you. If you buy a watch because you love watches, then tudor is one of those companies to watch. They have not gotten off the wrong foot for the last two Basel meets.
                          +1.

Can't put any better than you, bro.

Comment

• I have a blackbay and the current Tudor craftsmanship is ! I simply love it outlook and very good in terms of C/P ratio!

Comment

• why get easily affected by those who says tudor cant compare with rolex?

why is there even a need to compare? rolex dont even have a diver that has a red bezel.

Comment

• I have a black bay too. But I feel that the leather strap quality isn't that good.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X