Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on shortening bracelet for Submariner

Hi guys,

I would like to seek some advice. My wife wants to wear my submariner but her wrist size is too small. Even when the bracelet is adjusted to the minimum length, its still too long for her. Pls advice on how I can shorten it further for her to wear the watch. Thank you.

Originally posted by Silversword View Post
    Hi guys,

I would like to seek some advice. My wife wants to wear my submariner but her wrist size is too small. Even when the bracelet is adjusted to the minimum length, its still too long for her. Pls advice on how I can shorten it further for her to wear the watch. Thank you.
    RSC can remove additional permanent link(s). this cannot be reversed. my wife "personalized" her 78360 oyster bracelet this way...
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by relac88
      Remove permanent link? That will reduce resale value unless if the next buyer has small wrist too
      Tot u can always put back e links when ever u wan...

Comment

For removable links, yes. Permanent ones, no.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

another alternative is getting a preown bracelet and remove the permanent links if needs arise. when want to sell the watch, keep the bracelet and it can be used other models provided the lug width is the same. however, if the bracelet you buy is for 16610 model, then it may look odd when fitted on a 116610 model
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I know of a member here who can best advise you. Try contacting "watcha".
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I removed a permanent link on a 78360 for my wife. Whatever Rolex she wears (exp or sub or daytona), she always use this bracelet. So just sacrifice this one link.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                another alternative is getting a preown bracelet and remove the permanent links if needs arise. when want to sell the watch, keep the bracelet and it can be used other models provided the lug width is the same. however, if the bracelet you buy is for 16610 model, then it may look odd when fitted on a 116610 model
                later 78360 bracelets come in 2 variants - for dress models (eg, datejust) and for sport models (eg, explorer 2).

i recommend getting the 78360 which accepts rolex sport spring bars so it can be used on most sport and dress models. the clasp is also smaller when compared to a 93150 and a better fit for women with small wrists.
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by relac88
                  Good idea but tedious to swap bracelet among watches
                  not tedious for my wife because i do the swapping... : ) practice makes perfect.

this way we get to share watches! she can wear a bigger "BF" watch (39mm sport) or a smaller "modern" (36mm dress) watch depending on her mood/clothes.

i actually keep a spring bar tool and toothpicks (FOC from restaurants) in both our cars and i've used it in carparks and traffic lights a few times each month. 1-2 minute job...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X